Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD, how long should this take?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PFD, how long should this take?

Fair Collections & Outsourcing has an account against me from an apartment building I used to live in.

In March I sent a letter saying I did not agree with this debt and offering to pay 50% of it to have them delete it from my reports.  The only response I got was a "validation of the debt," which was just another copy of the same B.S. invoice the apartment building gave me when I moved out (which I argued for months with them about but I guess that's a different story).

In May I sent out another letter indicating that I hadn't received a response to my offer, repeated that the debt is disputed, and reiterated the same offer.

Two weeks ago I said "to hell with it" and sent a letter stating the debt is still disputed, but offering to pay 100% in return for deletion of the account from my reports.

How long should this be taking?  Why am I not hearing anything back from them?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFD, how long should this take?

ha ha ha

I wrote a post about not getting any responses to my PFD letters.

And it got no response.

I should have known.

Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I dont know exactly where to tell you to go from there but if it were me(and it very well could be) b/c I too have sent out laters and got no response as of yet.I will keep at it...Did you read the score 101 thread yet? good luck and maybe others that have the answers will respond...
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally - I'm going for the "Will somebody please delete this account so we don't get anymore letters from this nutjob!?" approach.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

At this point I don't care whether they delete my account or take my money, I just want the stuff off of my report.  I started trying to get it removed in March because I was beginning an apartment hunt (in LA both tenants need to have excellent credit to get a good place).  Luckily I made friends with a manager who moved us into a good place without pulling our CRs.

I was just hoping to hear some time lines from people who've had successful PFD experiences.  I really don't know what to do at this point.  I've offered to give them ALL of the money they're asking for, even though I think it's BS, but they still don't reply.  It doesn't make sense to me.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.