Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Charge Off

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid Charge Off

I have an account with a small balance that is a Collection/Charge Off. It is only 2 yrs or so old. However it is listed under Installment Accounts. Will it be any help to have this one paid in full as far as my FICO is concerned. I tried a PFD, but was told I would have to contact the CA, to make a payment.

I spoke with a supervisor and they said they could not remove the Entry from my CR. I SLOWLY explain to this person that since they are the OC, they did have to power to remove, and to take the payment it if they wished. She insisted the they COULD not do so.

Since being on this board I know that is B.S. What she means, but wouldn't say it they WILL not do so.

This is only about $95, but if paying it is not going to help my situation any, that money can be earmarked for someone who is willing to help me out, and this onw can wait.

See my post "Confession good for the soul?" for my situation.

Thanks in advance for the help y'all
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Boswd
Valued Contributor

Re: Paid Charge Off

yeah I would keep playing hard ball with them   send them a PFD letter etc.   I mean if worse comes to worse paying the $95 for the most part isn't a big deal if you have to.
Message 2 of 7
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

I would just and pay it off. You should get a little bump from paying it off especially if its currently being reported as derogatory.
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Let me get this straight.  It was the OC that told you they could not accept payment and delete and you'd have to go straight to the CA for that?

If so did you contact the CA yet?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Let me get this straight.  It was the OC that told you they could not accept payment and delete and you'd have to go straight to the CA for that?

No, I have not contacted the CA, they have never contacted me, but since I imititated a letter and a call to the OC, I expect to soon. And yes the OC said the couldn't take the payment. I think I may just call and get another supervisor, or maybe go there, it is a local Credit Union, with cash in hand to make the payment. So many things to fix, and not enough money...... grrrrrrr
Message 5 of 7
Boswd
Valued Contributor

You also have to find out if the OC still actually owns the debt it could have been sold to the CA and if that's the case it is totally out of the OC's hands
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

No, I have not contacted the CA, they have never contacted me, but since I imititated a letter and a call to the OC, I expect to soon. And yes the OC said the couldn't take the payment. I think I may just call and get another supervisor, or maybe go there, it is a local Credit Union, with cash in hand to make the payment. So many things to fix, and not enough money...... grrrrrrr

who you tellin? well good luck. I think the OC should go ahead.  What are you supposed to do, sit and wait until CA decides to post at some inopportune time when you're riding on the high of your ever increasing F-eye-co score?!  Bollocks! I think its wrong for charges to be hanging in limbo somewhere between OC and CA.  It has to be somewhere darn it!

Message Edited by trinigal on 06-28-2007 08:49 AM
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.