cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid Off Car .... Credit Scores DROP 30+ Points!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paid Off Car .... Credit Scores DROP 30+ Points!

Thanks for sharing.  It's comforting to know that it's seems to be common knowledge and experience, here in the forum, that those AZ point loss will rebound quick.  

Message 11 of 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi. Thanks for the response. I left Experian and moved over to MyFico 2 days ago so I don't have the history in the system to show how all of these changed.   Here are how my scores appear on MyFico as of today, November 27th, 2020:

FICO8 EQ 753, T 767, EX 762
FICO8 (bank card) EQ 780, T 787, EX 788
FICO9 EQ 778, T 775, EX 787

FICO5 (mortage) EQ 778
FICO4 (mortage) T 768
FICO2 (mortage) EX 782

FICO5 (auto) EQ 784
FICO4 (auto) T 761
FICO2 (auto) EX 756

Your EX2, TU4, EQ5 scores look great even at All Zero. Once you report utilization on your revolving account, should regain some lost points. Score wise, you're in excellent shape for mortgage application.

Message 12 of 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

WoW!  Thanks.  There a ton of information in there.  That's goin to take a while in take in.  

Happy reading. You can always bookmark it and digest it in smaller portions.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I'm sure if this is a complete coincidence or what but .... after reading this about the AZ hit, I thought I'd just go to Home Depot and buy a tool I was wanting anyway on a credit card.  The crazy part is ... as I was driving home I got a notification on my phone from MyFico saying my Transunion score increased 15 points back up to 782!  That was yesterday.  Today, I get the notification from Experian that my score increased 16 points back up to 778!  I'm assuming Equifax has increased also but I don't have a way of knowing that until MyFico updates 27 days.  At this point, I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to quickly get back the massive 25+ point drop when i paid the car off to get back over 800.  

Also, side note ... I was reading BirdMan7's post and saw a couple places that give information about AU (Authorized Users) and the effects of AU's having AZ (All zero) on accounts.  It appears that if AU's hae vAZ it can effects the primary's mortage scores also?!  I have 1 AU with AZ.  He's actualy never used it but he got a 50 point boost up on his credit scores when I added him.  He's planning on buying a new SUV very soon.  Anyway, I have his AU card.  So, I'm going to put a very small amount on it and see if I happen to see a change in my mortage scores.  Have you seen this have an effect?  

Message 14 of 18
krielly
Established Contributor

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but even at zero balances, it appears you are at the top tier of mortgage scores. Increasing your scores beyond letting one bank card report a small balance is unnecessary. You may be overthinking this.........

You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing!
Message 15 of 18
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

750+ is pretty much GOLD for 99% of places haha if the mortgage scores are correct his/her lowest is still above 750 so they are sitting very pretty ;D

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I'm sure if this is a complete coincidence or what but .... after reading this about the AZ hit, I thought I'd just go to Home Depot and buy a tool I was wanting anyway on a credit card.  The crazy part is ... as I was driving home I got a notification on my phone from MyFico saying my Transunion score increased 15 points back up to 782!   

Yes, it would say it was a coincidence that you received an alert and your score increased shortly after buying a tool at HD.

Message 17 of 18
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, I'm sure if this is a complete coincidence or what but .... after reading this about the AZ hit, I thought I'd just go to Home Depot and buy a tool I was wanting anyway on a credit card.  The crazy part is ... as I was driving home I got a notification on my phone from MyFico saying my Transunion score increased 15 points back up to 782!  That was yesterday.  Today, I get the notification from Experian that my score increased 16 points back up to 778!  I'm assuming Equifax has increased also but I don't have a way of knowing that until MyFico updates 27 days.  At this point, I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to quickly get back the massive 25+ point drop when i paid the car off to get back over 800.  

Also, side note ... I was reading BirdMan7's post and saw a couple places that give information about AU (Authorized Users) and the effects of AU's having AZ (All zero) on accounts.  It appears that if AU's hae vAZ it can effects the primary's mortage scores also?!  I have 1 AU with AZ.  He's actualy never used it but he got a 50 point boost up on his credit scores when I added him.  He's planning on buying a new SUV very soon.  Anyway, I have his AU card.  So, I'm going to put a very small amount on it and see if I happen to see a change in my mortage scores.  Have you seen this have an effect?  

@Anonymous  To optimize your report for EX2, it is recommended to have true AZEO, no AU card(s) reporting a balance. TU4 and EQ5 should react similarly if it follows the older scoring algorithm. I don't recall reading a report testing it on TU, EQ, since Experian is the only bureau that I know of that gives daily updates.

For optimizing FICO 8s, you want AZEO and one AU card reporting a balance.

Update: FICO2 experiment (is it worth it?)

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.