Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid collections on CR

tag
Gotagoal
Regular Contributor

Paid collections on CR

Does anyone know how long paid CO stay on my report? I paid everything years ago and have been rebuilding only to find that some of these negative items aren't going away. Is it 7 years from the DATE of pymt? OR what? Can I contact the paid collection and ask them to remove it? I've come a long way and am very proud -but am really trying to get everything off that's hurting me! Thanks! This forum group rocks! SOOOoo helpful.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Paid collections on CR

Gotagoal wrote:
Does anyone know how long paid CO stay on my report? I paid everything years ago and have been rebuilding only to find that some of these negative items aren't going away. Is it 7 years from the DATE of pymt? OR what? Can I contact the paid collection and ask them to remove it? I've come a long way and am very proud -but am really trying to get everything off that's hurting me! Thanks! This forum group rocks! SOOOoo helpful.

Hi and welcome to the world of credit repair. Start by reading the credit scoring 101 thread courtesy of moderator Tuscani.

Message 2 of 8
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

7yrs from date of last activity.
paid = activity

if they are paid and several yrs old.... they arent hurting you that much....
Retired Lender
Message 3 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

DallasLoanGuy wrote:

7yrs from date of last activity.
paid = activity

if they are paid and several yrs old.... they arent hurting you that much....

It's not DOLA.. it's DOFD. DOLA only applies to reporting SOL if the OP brought the account current.

Message 4 of 8
Gotagoal
Regular Contributor

What does this mean? Not clear on the abbreviations.... It's not DOLA.. it's DOFD. DOLA only applies to reporting SOL if the OP brought the account current.
Message 5 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Check out the acronyms thread.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotagoal wrote:

Basically here, in order to find out how long these CO are going to stay on your report you have to call the CRAs and find out what is the DOFD (date of first delinquency). It can report for 7 years from that date.  Once you know that info.,  you can determine whether it is best to let the time pass and let them fall off for themselves, or if they still have a ways to go on your report, at which point your only recourse is to send GW letters kindly asking your creditors to remove them.

Hope that helps.

Message Edited by trinigal on 07-04-2007 10:49 AM
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

DOFD is normally the date the account went 120 days late. If you know approximately when that is, you can calculate 7 to 7.5 years forward from there.

Sometimes on your CRs, the CRAs will note "Scheduled to appear on file until <month> <year>". However, as was suggested, called the CRAs and find out.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.