Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid off account still showing

tag
NC84
Regular Contributor

Paid off account still showing

I was an authorized user on my gfs card about 6 months ago for a balance of $6,800 out of 7k limit and the card was shortly paid off soon after but it's still reporting that I owe the same balance of $6,800 even after I had myself removed from being an authorized user over 4 months ago. The credit card company keeps giving me the run around and my disputes with credit bureau keeps coming back that nothing is wrong. It doesn't show up on my Experian account only my credit karma Transunion and Equifax. My gf said her balance is reporting properly as $0 also. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Re: Paid off account still showing

Have you checked what's on your reports from annualcreditreport.com ? If it shows up there as inaccurate, I would escalate your disputes.

Message 2 of 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@NC84 wrote:

I was an authorized user on my gfs card about 6 months ago for a balance of $6,800 out of 7k limit and the card was shortly paid off soon after but it's still reporting that I owe the same balance of $6,800 even after I had myself removed from being an authorized user over 4 months ago. The credit card company keeps giving me the run around and my disputes with credit bureau keeps coming back that nothing is wrong. It doesn't show up on my Experian account only my credit karma Transunion and Equifax. My gf said her balance is reporting properly as $0 also. 

You just need to keep disputing with the bureaus until they correct it.

If they refuse to correct it you can file a complaint with the CFPB.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 3 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Message 4 of 6
NC84
Regular Contributor

Transunion actually corrected it on the first dispute but equafax still hasn't. I submitted a final 3rd dispute yesterday. 

Message 5 of 6
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@NC84 wrote:

Transunion actually corrected it on the first dispute but equafax still hasn't. I submitted a final 3rd dispute yesterday. 

Experience taught me to never give Equifax more than 1 stab at correcting an error themselves before filing a CFPB complaint.

(2/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.