cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid off all my credit....my credit report looks like a hurricane just ran thru it

tag
moods
Valued Member

Paid off all my credit....my credit report looks like a hurricane just ran thru it

Hello All,

I have been a lurker for a long time occasionally posting, I was finally able to pay down around 50k of debt. I have had so many different accounts and credit cards over the years. 

Now my main problem is my credit report is no where near neat, some of my cards show up as paid, some show closed some only TU reports it, the other two EX and EQ report it. It's just a complete mess, even I cannot keep track of what is active and what is not anymore. My FAKO and PLUS scores have risen from around 630~ now around 745~

For the sake of other creditors reviewing my credit and or automated application systems that instantly approve you, what can I do to fix my image to them, or should I leave everything as is?

I should also mention that I travel a lot and currently on a long trip over seas, so if I have to dispute something I would rather do it online than snail mail ( I remember I used to dispute online before but cannot remember or find out where I did it)

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
bicknar
Regular Contributor

Re: Paid off all my credit....my credit report looks like a hurricane just ran thru it

Hi Moods,

First off... Congratulations!!!!  That's quite an accomplishment paying down the 50K.  It sounds as though you recently pulled your credit reports so that's cool.  I just recently disputed inaccurate information online, and the process went well.  The hardest part was finding the link to the dispute page.  When you dispute you will get a current report to reference the number, or if not that's OK too.  Just don't fall for the buy your score bits along the way. 

Don't worry much about the different reports not matching each other.  Never will and it's a losing battle as creditors report to different CRAs as is their perogative.  Anywho, if this was all just recent, I'd give it a month or two to settle in as reporting can take some time as well as corrections.  That should save you some work.  Then you can go back after and clean up what is lingering.

Travel Well,

Hope this Helps,

And if I run across any direct links to the dispute process, I'll post em.  However if you have your reports here at my fico you may be able to use this... https://www.myfico.com/ccc/correctionoverview.aspx

If the link doesn't work, it's under the "Next Steps" portion of your credit report here.

Enjoy,

A

Starting Score: 556
Current Score: 672
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Paid off all my credit....my credit report looks like a hurricane just ran thru it

I agree that it's perfectly normal for the three reports to vary as to content. As long as everything is accurate I'd leave it all alone.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772
You can do the same thing with hard work

Message 3 of 10
moods
Valued Member

Thanks guys,

I do watch over my reports with TU CMS everymonth, but wondered whats the best reports to get from which agencies that allow for an easier dispute correction process as myfico only does 2 agencies.

Also my fico doesnt have a ref number unless im mistaken.

Or should i just pull a complete report separately from each agency and dispute on their own website?

Message 4 of 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Reports from third party sites often don't have the most complete information. If you pull your free reports from annualcreditreport.com you'll see much more. If you've already pulled from ACR for the year you can buy that same full report from each of the CRA's.

From a BK years ago to:
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772

Message 5 of 10
moods
Valued Member

one question, should i choose the state that issued my ssn with or the state where my current mailing adress is at for the ACR

Message 6 of 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@moods wrote:

one question, should i choose the state that issued my ssn with or the state where my current mailing adress is at for the ACR

Where you live now. That's what should be on your reports.

Message 7 of 10
moods
Valued Member

wow, I forgot how much information is listed on these reports.

Includes balances too and co-signers incredible.

Message 8 of 10
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I agree that not everything will be on each report.  But, if an account is not showing paid that is or closed that is not, that is a problem.

Message 9 of 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@guiness56 wrote:

I agree that not everything will be on each report.  But, if an account is not showing paid that is or closed that is not, that is a problem.

Good point. Accuracy is the key.

From a BK years ago to:
EQ - 7/06-663, 3/10-800
TU - 8/10-772

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.