Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid off car and closing on a mortgage in a few weeks

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paid off car and closing on a mortgage in a few weeks

As the title states I just paid off my car and I'm closing on a mortgage in a few weeks. I just got a notification that my score dropped for doing this. I understand the reason for it but my question is will this hurt my closing if my score drops below the 680 mark that I must not go below? My score was 700 right before the sale of the car. I'm afraid they will pull a new score reflecting this change right before closing.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Paid off car and closing on a mortgage in a few weeks

@Anonymous wrote:
As the title states I just paid off my car and I'm closing on a mortgage in a few weeks. I just got a notification that my score dropped for doing this. I understand the reason for it but my question is will this hurt my closing if my score drops below the 680 mark that I must not go below? My score was 700 right before the sale of the car. I'm afraid they will pull a new score reflecting this change right before closing.

What were your explicit mortgage scores previously?  You won't take a hit on either EQ or TU, you might take one on EX, maybe.

A second pull isn't terribly likely unless you have an extended period of time between applying and closing, like >3 months.

        
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.