Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palisades CA CREEPSSSSSSS

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Palisades CA CREEPSSSSSSS

I had CA palisades on my CR for EQ & EX. I disputed on 6/24  now they show on all 3 CRA.  and there are more N/A answers then before. I sent them a DV  God help them if they don't answer me on time!! Now Im out for blood.....I know the SOL is past  and I also do not think it is mine

If they can cheat so can I. It is about to drop in a few months. I am sending a love letter to CRA  asking to drop it as obsulete. not even waiting to here on DV
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Palisades CA CREEPSSSSSSS

Have you gotten your RRR green card back?
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

YES Noah, they just got it on the 7/18. The person that I talked to in AG office wants me to notify them if I get an answer. But right now im on my own as to the CRA. Im sure you know that waiting drives you nuts!!
 When I pulled my new report & saw that they are now listing on all 3 CRA my blood started to boil. So they started listing after CRA notified them of dispute.

Am I correct in thinking that they can put it on my report for (30 days). unless they answer with correct info.from DV?

Noah, should i wait the 30 days & see what the CA sends or should I request the method of validation from the CRAs now. I have received my EQ and EX completion of dispute. Not sure what is going on with TU.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-21-2007 01:30 AM

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-21-2007 03:25 AM
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

FDCPA says they have to "cease collections" if they don't validate. But it doesn't specify how soon they have to cease. Since they got the DV letter on 7/18, it could take a couple of weeks for them to decide what to do, and do it. If they know they cannot validate the debt, then they might just leave it on your CRs and go away.

Cass letter says they cannot continue to report if they don't validate. But it doesn't stipulate how soon they have to delete the TL if they don't validate. As such, "reasonableness" would have to prevail when considering legal action as a judge would likely grant them the opportunity to either validate or delete the TL in "reasonable period of time".

II. "Is it permissible under the FDCPA for a debt collector to report, or continue to report, a consumer's charged-off debt to a consumer reporting agency after the debt collector has received, but not responded to, a consumer's written dispute during the 30-day validation period detailed in § 1692g?" As you know, Section 1692g(b) requires the debt collector to cease collection of the debt at issue if a written dispute is received within the 30-day validation period until verification is obtained. Because we believe that reporting a charged-off debt to a consumer reporting agency, particularly at this stage of the collection process, constitutes "collection activity" on the part of the collector, our answer to your question is No. Although the FDCPA is unclear on this point, we believe the reality is that debt collectors use the reporting mechanism as a tool to persuade consumers to pay, just like dunning letters and telephone calls. Of course, if a dispute is received after a debt has been reported to a consumer reporting agency, the debt collector is obligated by Section 1692e(8) to inform the consumer reporting agency of the dispute.

I would give 'em a few weeks, and if they don't validate and don't delete the TL then send a second DV letter telling them they are now in violation of §809(b) FDCPA since they have not validated and have not ceased their collection efforts. Include a copy of the Cass letter.

Also dispute with the CRA at that time. Send them a copy of your DV letter (photocopy it, and on the backside photocopy your CM receipt and RRR green card). Make some mention in your dispute that you are "given to understand that §1692e(8) requires the debt collector to notify the credit bureaus of the dispute, and if they don't validate their claim to the consumer--which they have not--then they must delete the credit bureau reporting of this tradeline."

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can not thank you enough!!! I about freaked out. when I saw the date opened as 2005 on the new CR. It is due to drop in either Dec 2007 or March 2008.
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are on my CR too...ugh!  I've disputed thru the big 3 still waiting on results. If they verify it's correct with them I'm going to DV at that time.

I had an account with Verizon a few years ago but I paid it off when I moved~ I KNOW I did.  I always pay utility bills 'cause I need to be able to get power and phone when I move somewhere new.  In fact I have 2 phone accounts ~ one collected thru Palisades and one still with Verizon. 

I'm crossing fingers, toes and heck even my eyes hoping it will *poof* but I'm not gonna hold my breath.  Now wouldn't that be a site!!
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a list of the worst CA in the country & Palisades is on it.

I really do not think that what they are collecting for is even mine. I could be wrong but I did get a call several months ago from someone looking for a member of my family. I was listed on their account as AU, and I know that he maxed out his sears account & never paid.

Oh they will verify & they will wait till last minute to due it. Thats what they did to me.

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-21-2007 07:08 PM
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hate these scumbags. On Monday they put 3 collections on my TU report. One of which was deleted about 45 days ago. On Tuesday my DV for each of the these went out CMRRR. They signed for it on Thursday. I got the green cards today. Checked my TC and low and behold all 3 are now gone. They will try anything to steal your money. I say DV them and hold off on the disputes with the CRAs as odds are they will just drop them off your report due to having literally no proof of anything. If they aren't off within 5 days of getting your green card back then dispute them. Just my $0.02....

Message Edited by bamf70 on 07-21-2007 10:27 PM
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It might not be correct but if I have have this again Im not going to dispute with CRA!! first I will DV them and go from there.
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

HappyDays wrote:
It might not be correct but if I have have this again Im not going to dispute with CRA!! first I will DV them and go from there.

If it ain't yours, or it's too old to report, DV should always be your first step. If the OC passes it to another CA, then DV them as well. It's also useful to go ahead and dispute with the CRAs when you first discover it--along with your DV.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.