cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Past Due 23 Times? YEARS after Chargeoff. Can they do this?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Past Due 23 Times? YEARS after Chargeoff. Can they do this?

Can a company or collection agency continue to report an account as "Past Due" after the account has been "closed" or "charged off"?

i have an account that was 'charged off' and "closed" in 2003 with a bal of $1057. the balance is now $1435 and they (or someone) continues to report "past due." i have racked up 23 "past dues" (the last one only a month ago, april 07) for the same account since jan 05. several things are odd... the 2 year lapse without anyone reporting anything...then the past two years, someone is reporting it as "past due" every month.

even if it has been in collections for the past two years (there's no record of this)...can the collection agency or original lender  do this?

thank you for your help

Message Edited by sely on 05-09-2007 04:27 PM

Message Edited by sely on 05-10-2007 05:03 AM
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Past Due Charges and Reports after "closed" "charge off" ??

I have this same problem with 2 of my old accounts from 01 and 02.  suddenly, I have 22 90days late payments on one, and the other shows a late payment last month.  they have both been charged off for 5+ years.  I am only having this problem on EQ.  Any chance that is where your problem is also?  This "new" information made my score drop over 60 points last week because it says that my most recent late payment was last month.  UGH!
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

EXP is the culprit for me. does anyone know if this is legal...is there anyway we can dispute this?
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

if this is legal will added a consumer comment help? do consumer comments help in general?
Message 4 of 16
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

sely wrote:
if this is legal will added a consumer comment help? do consumer comments help in general?

No. Don't waste your time.
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

so....do you know if they can even do this? list "past dues" after a charge off? it's obviously a collection agency that took over the account 2 years ago....the deliq itself was in 2002 and there are no "past dues" reported bw 02 and 05.
Message 6 of 16
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

sely wrote:
so....do you know if they can even do this? list "past dues" after a charge off? it's obviously a collection agency that took over the account 2 years ago....the deliq itself was in 2002 and there are no "past dues" reported bw 02 and 05.

Yes, they can report it every month. They do so do it returns in the event you dispute it off.
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

hm. ok...thank you for your help
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani wrote:

sely wrote:

I agree.  Your score is based purely on a numeric formula.  FICO throws your CR in a blender and hits "pulvarize" and out comes a three-digit number.  So any words added to your CR will have no effect.
Message 9 of 16
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

masdeocho wrote:

Tuscani wrote:

sely wrote:

I agree.  Your score is based purely on a numeric formula.  FICO throws your CR in a blender and hits "pulvarize" and out comes a three-digit number.  So any words added to your CR will have no effect.

A very complex blender I might add. Smiley Tongue
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.