cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Past-Due Payments Dropped Off Your Acct History?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Past-Due Payments Dropped Off Your Acct History?

So, I received this alert, "Past-Due Payments Dropped Off Your Account History."  It was pointing to a Synchrony account that was at one time dirty, but the late payments were removed over a year ago; my reports (and of course this account) have been clean ever since. 

Any idea why I received this alert?  Obviously the past-due payments were already gone, as evidenced by my scores, so I'm not really sure what the cause of the alert is.  Maybe there was a negative comment on the account that I overlooked that came off?  The late payments were from 2013 I believe, so even if there was something tied to them you'd think it would take 7 years for whatever it was to vanish if in fact something wasn't removed with the GW adjustment I received.  Anyone else ever experience something like this?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Past-Due Payments Dropped Off Your Acct History?

Credit report exclusion does not delete the information from the consumer's credit file.

It merely precludes the CRA from continuing to show the excluded adverse item of information in normal credit reports they issue.

FCRA 605(a).

The information is retained in the consumer's file, and under very limited conditions, such as specified in FCRA 605(b), can still be included in some special credit reports, such as a report requested by a creditor related to a consumer-initiated request for credit in the amount of $150K or more.

While that does not per se explain why a comment would still linger after a year from its exclusion date, since the info is still in your file, it could explain why an erroneous or late notice was triggered.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting stuff.  I didn't know that the information wasn't actually deleted from the credit file.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Interesting stuff.  I didn't know that the information wasn't actually deleted from the credit file.

I didn't know that either.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.