cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Credit Account handed over to collector.

daltont456
New Visitor

PayPal Credit Account handed over to collector.

I had a PayPal credit account for a few years and always had good on time payments. As a young college kid, I would get excited to see them constantly raising my limit and approving every purchase. Unfortunately, I got to the place where I couldn’t make the payments, and around two years ago they finally handed it over to someone else to collect.
I haven’t heard from that company in over a year except one settlement letter mid last year. The report is not on my credit report, but Could be put on their eventually? It’s been over a year since I’ve heard from them, I don’t even know what the name of the company is called. Last time I talked to them on the phone I gave them a lump sum offer and they hung up on me. That was the end of that.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CreditSweeper
Established Contributor

Re: PayPal Credit Account handed over to collector.

Can it be added to your reports? - Yes, it can be listed on your reports for up to 7 years from the DOFD. Technically, it can be added anytime prior to that 7 year date and remain on your reports for the balance of the time.
Personal Credit -
AMEX: Platinum, Gold, Green, Blue Cash Preferred
PNC: Cash Rewards, Points
BOA: Cash Rewards
NFCU: Flagship Rewards, Cash Rewards, CLOC
PSECU: Founders
BB&T: Spectrum Cash Rewards
CapOne: Quicksilver
Discover: IT Chrome, IT
Synchrony: PayPal 2%, PayPal Credit
Barclays: Uber
PenFed: Power Cash Rewards, Platinum Rewards
Alliant: Visa Signature
Goldman Sachs: Apple Card
BBVA: Clear Points
FNBO: Rewards
Store Cards: Target, Macy’s

Business Credit-
AMEX: Delta Gold, Amazon Prime, Simply Cash Plus
PNC: Visa Business
Synchrony: Lowes
Message 2 of 6
daltont456
New Visitor

Actually I think I mispoke. Now, I'm not a financial wizard at all, or else I wouldn't be here. But maybe the company is not the new owner of the debt, but they are trying to collect for paypal as a client? The last time I talked to them on the phone, that's what they called paypal, a client. 

I found plenty of articles and customers explaining that paypal does not send reports to the 3B, so if this company does not own the debt, just trying to work for paypal, does that change anything? this account is so old I dont even remember the balance. Like I said, its been a year since they contacted me last. 

Message 3 of 6
CreditSweeper
Established Contributor

It can still be listed on your reports for up to 7 years from DOFD. If PayPal still owns it, they can list it. If they’ve sold the debt, it can be listed by the new owner.

PayPal Credit is normally a hidden tradeline while the account is current. There have been reports of it listing on credit reports once it becomes a derogatory account, however.
Personal Credit -
AMEX: Platinum, Gold, Green, Blue Cash Preferred
PNC: Cash Rewards, Points
BOA: Cash Rewards
NFCU: Flagship Rewards, Cash Rewards, CLOC
PSECU: Founders
BB&T: Spectrum Cash Rewards
CapOne: Quicksilver
Discover: IT Chrome, IT
Synchrony: PayPal 2%, PayPal Credit
Barclays: Uber
PenFed: Power Cash Rewards, Platinum Rewards
Alliant: Visa Signature
Goldman Sachs: Apple Card
BBVA: Clear Points
FNBO: Rewards
Store Cards: Target, Macy’s

Business Credit-
AMEX: Delta Gold, Amazon Prime, Simply Cash Plus
PNC: Visa Business
Synchrony: Lowes
Message 4 of 6
Dilbert934
New Contributor

I've had a PayPal Credit account since they started it.  Always in good standing and they don't report the tradeline, CL, or balance.  I routinely use it for their 6 month same as cash deal and it never affects my overall utilization.

That being said, it's entirely possible an agency WOULD report it under the agency name as a collection.  I had an ambulance bill for a $1k 15 minute ride to the hospital after a fainting spell in a restaurant that was turned over to an agency while I was working with insurance, etc.  The agency did put it on my CR under their name, but removed as a pay for delete agreement.

Message 5 of 6
corpcrmgr
Valued Contributor

It is probably still being handled in-house at PP. The amount is probably not a lot or the CA would be hounding you. If the amount was somewhat substantial the CA would assign the collection to an attorney local to you to file suit in Small Claims Court. I would not contact PP.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.