Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal MC dispute resolution

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: PayPal MC dispute resolution

@Anonymous wrote:

The drawbacks of the Sync card - no notifications for transactions, no dedicated app, clunky portal, etc far outweigh the lower APR (21.24 vs 25.15) and .5% higher cash back over my trusty QuickSilver so I'll probably get rid of the PayPal in January when it turns a year old if these things aren't sorted.

I guess this is more of a Your Evaluation May Vary thing.   I still think of the PP as the best of the 2% cards as I don't need notifications and rarely need to dispute transactions on the card.   (That said, moving to CFU for other reasons!)

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The drawbacks of the Sync card - no notifications for transactions, no dedicated app, clunky portal, etc far outweigh the lower APR (21.24 vs 25.15) and .5% higher cash back over my trusty QuickSilver so I'll probably get rid of the PayPal in January when it turns a year old if these things aren't sorted.

I guess this is more of a Your Evaluation May Vary thing.   I still think of the PP as the best of the 2% cards as I don't need notifications and rarely need to dispute transactions on the card.   (That said, moving to CFU for other reasons!)

Transaction notifications in a timely manner can help prevent further fraud. They often do small transactions to test a card before doing a larger one and as everyone knows, the sooner you catch fraud, the better. 

It’s really the way that Sync handles disputes and fraud claims that turns me off though. I shouldn’t have to file a police report because somewhere there was a breach and thieves on the internet got my card number. That is worth more than .5% on a ridiculously small amount of my credit card spending. 

Message 12 of 20
odd_dog
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Exactly my point Longtime....BUT it is like insurance....I HOPE I don't need it BUT when I do, it is nice to have it waiting there for me, even if only once....so guess I look at everything a card has and pick the best....luckily some of us are in a position to be able to move over to another card with the benefits we want. Personally I do not think making a dispute easy is a "benefit" that is a RIGHT.....LOL

Message 13 of 20
wasCB14
Super Contributor

My expectations of default CC CS are pretty low. I usually go with an Amex or Chase card (which give me premium service tiers) for anything that might get complicated with a questionable merchant.
Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 14 of 20
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

yeah, surprised you didn't contact PayPal first.

Anyway, I only use this card in person. Never online, except for PayPal purchases. This is almost guaranteed to avoid problems like this because Synchrony is not good with disputes.

Message 15 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@staticvoidmain wrote:

yeah, surprised you didn't contact PayPal first.

Anyway, I only use this card in person. Never online, except for PayPal purchases. This is almost guaranteed to avoid problems like this because Synchrony is not good with disputes.

I guess most of the bigger things I buy are through things like Amazon or from big dealers who will try to make things right.   But yes, if things might be sketchy, probably another issuer would be best.

Message 16 of 20
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Since this involves the dispute process moving thread to 'General Credit' for addtional exposure.

--UB

Message 17 of 20
Andypanda
Established Contributor

All pf the above is when I am ready to apply for a 2% back card i will app for the City dc.

Message 18 of 20
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

It is still a solid cash back card, if you know when not to use it. It is still my default credit card everywhere, even abroad (no FTF). This never leaves my wallet, which is why I hate the fact the Sync does not offer contactless on their cards.

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@staticvoidmain wrote:

It is still a solid cash back card, if you know when not to use it. It is still my default credit card everywhere, even abroad (no FTF). This never leaves my wallet, which is why I hate the fact the Sync does not offer contactless on their cards.

You're brave using the card abroad... I would use my Capital One to make sure if I have any problems, I'm covered. 

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.