Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal MC not reporting to TU or EQ

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PayPal MC not reporting to TU or EQ

I had a balance around 1500 on PayPal and it showed up on TU, EQ, Exp & FICO &  my score dropped.   I paid the balance off last month (anxiously waited  to see my score go up).  Experian is the only place it is reporting.  Does anyone know if PayPal MC has stopped reporting to TU, EQ & FICO? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: PayPal MC not reporting to TU or EQ

EX is usually fastest to update. TU is a turtle with a broken leg
How long ago did EX update and what are you using to monitor your other two reports?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Remedios wrote:
EX is usually fastest to update. TU is a turtle with a broken leg
How long ago did EX update and what are you using to monitor your other two reports?

Thanks for responding.  It's been a little over a month since EX posted.  I'm new to this (Not new as in young, because I'm 71) but new as far as understanding how to monitor my credit and get my score up.  My credit history average is just a little over five months.

In trying to figure everything out, I signed up with several credit monitoring sites: 

Credit Karma updates TU & EQ whenever. 

WalletHub updates TU daily (or so they say). 

EX updates EX daily, and TU & EQ quarterly. 

My CCs provide some scores:  PayPal Vantage 4, Discover is Fico, Citi is Fico. 

This forum is great and I've learned a lot since I found it.   

Message 3 of 5
Remedios
Credit Mentor

If the account was reporting previously and then it stopped on the other two, wait for one more full reporting cycle to pass. If the next statement does not get the update, dispute balance with the other two CRA. That will force update from Syncrony's end. 

I would wait a bit longer, because it might be something that self corrects when next statement reports 

While waiting is unpleasant, it's really easier to have a little bit more patience and hope problem resolves itself. Synch has been having all sorts of reporting issues lately 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you're right.  Patience it is!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.