Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying judgments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paying judgments

Should i attempt to pay a judgment that says "satisfied"?  is this going to help my scores?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Paying judgments

Satisfied means paid. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Tusc for clearing that up for me.  Does that still affect my fico score?
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes unfortunately it does affect it... But satisfied is easier to explain to a broker / underwriter than UNPAID

Rob
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Fico_Focused!!!  This judgment is scheduled to drop off my CR's in February 08.  Should I attempt to have the judgment removed because this account was included in my bankruptcy or should I let sleeping dogs lie?

Also, will this help my score?  Several accounts are scheduled to dropoff this year and next and late 09, will those deletions help my score as well?  These accounts were part of my BK from 10/01 as well.

Thanks for your input.

Message Edited by myhearts07 on 07-05-2007 06:20 PM
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Most will / should help... I had a couple of TLs removed from my CRAs that actually hurt my score, but at the end of the day we all want good TLs for the benefit of manual reviews. While some OLD baddies may be helping to keep your score up a little, it's a PITA to explain when speaking with an underwriter...

Good Luck and keep fighting the good fight.

Rob
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i say get rid of baddies regardless of any temporary score drops due to loss of age...
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

dog wrote:
i say get rid of baddies regardless of any temporary score drops due to loss of age...

Absotively Posolutely! Smiley Wink

Rob
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, ya'll.. 

Eve
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

The judgment is now showing dismissed, got an alert from EQ and saw it changed on EX.  What do I do now?
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.