cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payoff Debts now or wait 1 yearto fall off?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Payoff Debts now or wait 1 yearto fall off?

jenkins wrote:
i thought that you had to pay them off for them to go bye bye after 7 years

Nope. You could PIF at DOFD plus 2700 days. Then see them drop the next day. Or perhaps even drop 2 days before you paid. Or ...

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have waited all of mine out for seven years, come this january, and never paid a single one of them(except for those blasted student loans that never go away).  i managed to never get sued on any of my baddies, and man i screwed with the collection agencies like mad....they would call and i would ask them what they were wearing (female and male), tell them that they were calling sherman hemsley and weezie gonna kick they a**es if they call back, sometimes would blast an air horn in their ears, and, best of all, once i got a program on my phone that could set up call forwarding for only specific callers, i would forward them to those 800 numbers that refer you to a 900 number.  it gave me some comic relief from their crap.  i should be ashamed, but man i didnt have any money to give them back then and they wouldnt listen!

jenkins wrote:
well i paid everything i had off, but even if they dont get deleted they will be gone soon, i thought that you had to pay them off for them to go bye bye after 7 years, wow my wife should see an improvement in her score soon.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now your Nickname finanly makes sense.  

dog wrote:
i have waited all of mine out for seven years, come this january, and never paid a single one of them(except for those blasted student loans that never go away).  i managed to never get sued on any of my baddies, and man i screwed with the collection agencies like mad....they would call and i would ask them what they were wearing (female and male), tell them that they were calling sherman hemsley and weezie gonna kick they a**es if they call back, sometimes would blast an air horn in their ears, and, best of all, once i got a program on my phone that could set up call forwarding for only specific callers, i would forward them to those 800 numbers that refer you to a 900 number.  it gave me some comic relief from their crap.  i should be ashamed, but man i didnt have any money to give them back then and they wouldnt listen!

jenkins wrote:
well i paid everything i had off, but even if they dont get deleted they will be gone soon, i thought that you had to pay them off for them to go bye bye after 7 years, wow my wife should see an improvement in her score soon.

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

dog correct me if im wrong but I believe that any activity on the account start the SOL all over again correct??
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

back in the day I got a call from a CA and I acted like I was a dective it went something like this "no mr. *&^(*&^@# (my name) is not here this is detective gilbert who is this? he gave me his name and I asked how he new me because I was found dead in my house and it look like someone murdered me and I quized and quized him like he was a suspect in the murder!! haha It went on for about 5 or 6 mins I told him were gonna have to bring you in for questioning...hahah it was the best.....
me like Dog back then was broke and in school didnt have an extra dime to pass around ramen noodles and sunny delight

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

motoracer wrote:
dog correct me if im wrong but I believe that any activity on the account start the SOL all over again correct??

It depends.

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

that is fo' sho',in most jurisdictions.

motoracer wrote:

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

that is very clever.  i wish i had thought of something like that. 

the only time those ca's got the best of me was when they started calling my dad....that fool never paid a nickel late in his life, and he would call to ream me out with a hot poker every time they called him.  i finally stopped answering his calls too....i am dead serious, we didnt talk for months at a time over that crap.  so i think they deserved my little games. 

motoracer wrote:
back in the day I got a call from a CA and I acted like I was a dective it went something like this "no mr. *&^(*&^@# (my name) is not here this is detective gilbert who is this? he gave me his name and I asked how he new me because I was found dead in my house and it look like someone murdered me and I quized and quized him like he was a suspect in the murder!! haha It went on for about 5 or 6 mins I told him were gonna have to bring you in for questioning...hahah it was the best.....
me like Dog back then was broke and in school didnt have an extra dime to pass around ramen noodles and sunny delight

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.