cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Credit Card - Free Transunion Fico Score?

tag
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

Paypal Credit Card - Free Transunion Fico Score?

I'm led to believe that the Paypal Card shows a free Transunion Fico 8 Score? Is this working for anybody? You can only get to it from the web browser, not the mobile app.  I am getting the error message in the screenshow below for which none of the reasons given could possibly apply to me. I have never frozen my reports, they matched my information when I opened the card and nothing has changed since then with names, addresses, phone numbers and so on...and new credit history is definetely not the issue here. 

If it is working for you right now, how frequently does it update? Is it Transunion Fico 8? Somewhat ironic to get such a valuable credit score on a card not known for having any perks other than 2%. Sync really outdid themselves, function over form with this card. I like it.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paypal Credit Card - Free Transunion Fico Score?

TU Vantage 4.0

Message 2 of 9
dragontears
Senior Contributor

I think they switched to Vantage 4 (which they use in lending decisions) from what I hear. I don't have any Synchrony cards 

Message 3 of 9
frugal47374
Regular Contributor

From my PayPal MC:

VantageScore 4.0
as of 07/06/2020 updated monthly

Message 4 of 9
Credit12Fico
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

TU Vantage 4.0

Thank you!

Message 5 of 9
Dmessina666
Frequent Contributor

It's no longer FICO, they use Vantagescore 4.0

Mines is funny, sometimes it's monthly and sometimes it updates more than once a month. You're right, can only check it from the website. Double check the bureaus for a freeze just in case. That's weird since you never froze them. 

Message 6 of 9
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Credit12Fico wrote:

If it is working for you right now, how frequently does it update? Is it Transunion Fico 8? Somewhat ironic to get such a valuable credit score on a card not known for having any perks other than 2%. Sync really outdid themselves, function over form with this card. I like it.

As others have posted they switched to Vantage 4.0 several months ago, but that "We're sorry" message indicates maybe you have your TU locked or frozen? I keep all 3 credit reports locked with a service from each of them. When Synchrony gave you a TU Fico8 they could provide it while my TU was locked, but when they switched to Vantage 4 I now have to unlock TU, un-enroll for a credit score for my Paypal MC or Lowes card, then re-enroll to get a current score. So I only check it every couple months, too much a hassle and my scores stay pretty stable anyway.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

The score they pull is a soft pull correct?

Message 8 of 9
DaveInAZ
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The score they pull is a soft pull correct?

Yes soft pull, will show up in your SPs that only you can see as a "Account Review". But as I posted when they gave Fico8 they could provide a monthly score while I had TU locked, when they switched to Vantage 4 I have to unlock TU. I just tried it the other day, with TU locked I got that "unable to access account" error message in the OP. When I unlocked TU I got a score.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.