Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paypal Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paypal Credit

I am in a need since I lost my job, and trying to limit my bills down. I am going to pay off my credit cards and want to pay in full but I can't afford my paypal min payment of $173..If I dont make my payment for a few months (which i know is bad, but I havent had any luck getting my creditors to work with me since my job loss.) Anyways, if i dont make my payment for a few months, does Paypal report to credit bureus? It currently isnt showing on my report, but I havent missed any payments, but i might miss it this month and next month...

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Paypal Credit

@Anonymous wrote:

I am in a need since I lost my job, and trying to limit my bills down. I am going to pay off my credit cards and want to pay in full but I can't afford my paypal min payment of $173..If I dont make my payment for a few months (which i know is bad, but I havent had any luck getting my creditors to work with me since my job loss.) Anyways, if i dont make my payment for a few months, does Paypal report to credit bureus? It currently isnt showing on my report, but I havent missed any payments, but i might miss it this month and next month...

I'm sure it will report.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

They will report lates unfortunately :-/

Message 3 of 9
JVille
Valued Contributor

Yes they will report. Can family help you out with minimum payments?
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't believe so. 

I thought I read somewhere that if you miss your payments on paypal they wont report. 

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you miss a "few" payments, I imagine they'll do more than report a few lates.  They'll most likely close the account and sell the account to a collection agency.  

Message 6 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't believe so. 

I thought I read somewhere that if you miss your payments on paypal they wont report. 

As per their CCA, they will report any negative information to the credit bureaus.  So, if the account becomes delinquent, it will report.  They can also suspend your credit privileges.  To avoid this, I would attempt any possible or creative means to at least cover the minimum payment.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Creativity would probably work.

I imagine you owe PayPal a lot to have that high of a minimum payment.

I believe your Walmart store card allows you to get cash over at Walmart? Go in three days purchase something small and ask for $60 cash over each time then you will have $180 which you can use to pay the PayPal minimum. I would accept the interest on the Walmart cash over to avoid being late. Just me though.

This is probably bad advice by credit standards however desperate times call for creativity.

Message 8 of 9
Berk
Established Contributor

FWIW - I forgot about a Pal Pal payment and couldn't even use any of my available credit until I'd made the payment. I was about 2 weeks late. Set it up for auto pay so that doesn't happen again.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.