Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Paypal nightmare

paypal can seriously go to hell... what a joke of a company

Message 11 of 20
RushXTC
Established Contributor

**bleep**! That's scary! Good luck, I hope it all works out!

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear this happened to you! I haven't used PayPal in a while. I just went through a fraud issue with my bank and that was a pain. This sounds even worse! I just logged into my paypal and decided I'd go ahead and remove my banking info so I don't have any trouble. Kept telling me I couldn't do it. Haven't used PayPal in a yr or two, so nothing processing, but the app and the site refused to remove my bank acct. So I closed paypal. I don't use it much, so not missing anything.
Message 13 of 20
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

These truly are horror stories from PayPal! I had no idea. I'm closing down my PayPal account. I certainly don't need the extra aggravation of something like this happening! 

Thanks for the info OP, and also the dude with the speakers. Sorry this happened to you guys.

Best wishes in resolving these matters!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 14 of 20
naptime
Contributor

I completed all the steps outlined on the FTC website. In fact when I went to my local police precinct to file the report. The detective that handles identity theft cases made it a point to tell me how well prepared I was. So Thank You 

Message 15 of 20
naptime
Contributor

I fired off an email to about 100 different paypal related email addrress's today. And I also sent hard copys of everything I have so far  ie police and FTC reports to all my cards/accounts affected. I will keep everyone posted on the results. Anyone going thru the same paypal or Identity theft related issues feel free to message me. I will help in any way that I can. 

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck, I like how you're following through and not letting time become an enemy. That would be worse for wear. I hope everything works out and they catch the dummy behind all of this and give them life.

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Roodog26 In order to remove a bank account another has to be on there first. CLosing it is the only way out. You did right with that move.

Message 18 of 20
mrgoattoo
New Contributor

WOW...that is really a horrible story. Sorry youre having to deal with this. I had heard of stuff like this years ago. I closed my Paypal account that had my banking information, also closed the bank account they knew the number to. Opened a new PayPal and a new bank account and this time didnt give PayPal any financial information other than a single credit card with a $1000 credit limit and made sure that the payment bank account is in no way connected to our savings account. 

Way too much of this fraud crap out there for my liking

I was playing a round of golf a few weeks ago and got an alert on my Capitol One card saying that someone was trying to spend over $2000 on a website. CapOne locked down my card and my online signin until I called them. Thankfully they denied the transaction so I didnt have to do anything other than have them send me a new card with a new account number. 

Hopefully this all gets resolved for you.

TU FICO average 819
Message 19 of 20
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

OP, good luck to you with getting this mess straightened out. I really hope it works out for you.

Your situation made me check my PP account - a while back, the bank I used was bought out, and I never provided my new account and routing number. So my PP is linked only to a dead bank account and a credit card. After hearing your story, I'm SO glad I didn't update that bank account info! I'm still contemplating closing my PP account though. I don't want to have to do battle against fraudulent charges when it seems like you have little, if any, protection against them through PP.

Thank you for sharing your story!

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.