Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed Checking Account & Thrifty LOC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed Checking Account & Thrifty LOC

I called PenFed because they were charging me $1.00 because I was receiving paper statements. I had to go paperless and asked for a reimbursement of the $2.00 they have charged me. After this the CSR says you should sign up for a Checking account. I figured I would be denied because I tried in the past and my credit score was lower. This was before my rebuild. I went for it expecting a denial. APPROVED, additionally the CSR asked if I wanted a overdraft protection. I stated sure. At the time I was unaware that this actually is a CLOC. Basically it functions the exact same way as NFCU NAVCHECK. I was approved for this also. The limit is low $500 however after some history with PenFed and my EQ score comes up a bit I am sure I can increase this limit. Needless to say I have wanted a PenFed checking acount for over a year and not only did I get a checking account with a great credit union I got another CLOC Smiley Happy.

Xace

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: PenFed Checking Account & Thrifty LOC

@Anonymous wrote:

I called PenFed because they were charging me $1.00 because I was receiving paper statements. I had to go paperless and asked for a reimbursement of the $2.00 they have charged me. After this the CSR says you should sign up for a Checking account. I figured I would be denied because I tried in the past and my credit score was lower. This was before my rebuild. I went for it expecting a denial. APPROVED, additionally the CSR asked if I wanted a overdraft protection. I stated sure. At the time I was unaware that this actually is a CLOC. Basically it functions the exact same way as NFCU NAVCHECK. I was approved for this also. The limit is low $500 however after some history with PenFed and my EQ score comes up a bit I am sure I can increase this limit. Needless to say I have wanted a PenFed checking acount for over a year and not only did I get a checking account with a great credit union I got another CLOC Smiley Happy.

Xace

make sure you put $500 in checking or direct deposit I believe or you will pay $10/month fee for the checking account.

Message 2 of 7
trant3
Established Contributor

go for a credit card, they'll use the same HP

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 3 of 7
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

nice and congrats
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed is great.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@trant3 wrote:

go for a credit card, they'll use the same HP

Agreed and you will get your NextGen score.  

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.