cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed...Really irritated with you today. Update 01/03/2017

tag
CreditDunce
Valued Contributor

Re: Penfed...Really irritated with you today.

All of the reason codes are negative.  You get the points for not having the reason code.  I look at it like, FICO 08 needs revolving and installment loans for the best score.  NG needs retail and regular cards for the best score.  I don't see any reason why we should argue.  It is a stupid model that isn't used much.  Apart from Penfed and possibly Alliant, I can't think of anyone that uses it.  IMO VS 3.0 scores are more important because it is possible VS may at some point become popular. 

Message 21 of 22
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Penfed...Really irritated with you today.

@CreditDunce wrote:

All of the reason codes are negative.  You get the points for not having the reason code.  I look at it like, FICO 08 needs revolving and installment loans for the best score.  NG needs retail and regular cards for the best score.  I don't see any reason why we should argue.  It is a stupid model that isn't used much.  Apart from Penfed and possibly Alliant, I can't think of anyone that uses it.  IMO VS 3.0 scores are more important because it is possible VS may at some point become popular. 

Not my point though I didn't make it clear, the fact that store cards are listed seperately from bankcards, and which one do you think is viewed as "better" by the FICO overlords in the algorithm?

Anyway it's irrelevant.

        
Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.