Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed and fraud alert

tag
sammyfire2001
Frequent Contributor

Penfed and fraud alert

My friend who is a member of penfed applied for a auto loan w/ them.  He has a fraud alert on all 3 of his crdit files.  Normally when a creditor tries to access a report that has a fraud alert, they call the number provided by you to verify who you are.

Penfed told my friend that he needs to contact equifax to tell them to let penfed access his credit report. the problem is we know of no way to reach a live person without having  a confirmation number from one of their reports.

DOes anyone have any suggestions?

P.S. He spoke to 2 different reps and a supervisor and they all told him the same thing

As of Apr 2019: EX - 734; EQ - ??? TU - 748
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Re: Penfed and fraud alert

@sammyfire2001 wrote:

My friend who is a member of penfed applied for a auto loan w/ them.  He has a fraud alert on all 3 of his crdit files.  Normally when a creditor tries to access a report that has a fraud alert, they call the number provided by you to verify who you are.

Penfed told my friend that he needs to contact equifax to tell them to let penfed access his credit report. the problem is we know of no way to reach a live person without having  a confirmation number from one of their reports.

DOes anyone have any suggestions?

P.S. He spoke to 2 different reps and a supervisor and they all told him the same thing

This happened to me, not at penfed but through someone else and let me explain what they mean. I was told this too when I had all my alerts and I was so pissed, called Equifax and I was told, yes we require that you put contact information in your account so they can contact you, otherwise we won't disclose the report and she took my two numbers and put it on there and my "physical address" then I called the creditor back they were able to access and they were already talking to me so they didn't call me but others have. Hope this helps.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.