cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed credit card.. what happens if I do not send my paystubs for verification?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed credit card.. what happens if I do not send my paystubs for verification?

Very upset with Penfed filling out an application last night and they are asking me for 2 recent paystubs. Most people do not ask for this type of information for a credit card. I have several cards and with none I have had that problem. What happens if I do not send the paystubs? They can reconsider?
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed credit card.. what happens if I do not send my paystubs for verification?

@Anonymous wrote:
Very upset with Penfed filling out an application last night and they are asking me for 2 recent paystubs. Most people do not ask for this type of information for a credit card. I have several cards and with none I have had that problem. What happens if I do not send the paystubs? They can reconsider?

Ummm .. why is that upsetting?  It isn't that uncommon for a creditor to ask for POI when extending new credit...and as long as you were honest about it, it's no biggie..but if your numbers are off  and don't provide them, more then likely they will close your app as "failed to provide documentation" and could probably flag your account for the next time you apply

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Penfed credit card.. what happens if I do not send my paystubs for verification?

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Ummm .. why is that upsetting?  It isn't that uncommon for a creditor to ask for POI when extending new credit...and as long as you were honest about it, it's no biggie..but if your numbers are off  and don't provide them, more then likely they will close your app as "failed to provide documentation" and could probably flag your account for the next time you apply

+1

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Because I'm annoyed? Because it's uncomfortable and it's personal information, that's why.
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Because I'm annoyed? Because it's uncomfortable and it's personal information, that's why.

I agree that it is personal but the ball is in your court. I wouldn't take it personal though...you are not the first or the last that a lender has requested proof of income. Good luck on whatever you decide..I am rooting for your success!!!....Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

But your full name, address, and social security number aren't personal information?

I'm genuinely confused why you're annoyed that a financial institution is asking for financial information to extend a credit offer. It's not like they're asking for a copy of a hospital bill or a picture of your browser history. It makes sense.

Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I get it. Send anyway my license information, social security and my bills. We'll see what happens. Anyway, it's not a card I need. I have 4 AMEx, 1 discover, 1 Chase and 2 Bank of America Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Way to go...good luck!! If you don't mind me asking....if there is no reason for getting the card then why apply....are you just building a credit union relationship...???

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please don't think we are ganging up on you...we are not...PenFed is a great card to have and it grows nicely

also, at any time your creditors can require POI and you already agreed to do so when you signed the applications (it's in the fine print)

just think on the bright side after a few moments of faxing/sending that info in you will have another big player in your credit portfolio  Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I canceled the application with a representative by phone
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.