Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Penfed unable to pull EQ file

tag
pgates
Regular Contributor

Penfed unable to pull EQ file

Hi everyone. Long time lurker new member. Ive been trying to apply for a Penfed CC for a while now. Everytime they pull my report it comes back with a zero credit score. My file is not locked or frozen as i just recently was approved for a B of A CC using EQ. Ive tried online and over the phone with a rep. No inquiry ever comes to my report and we have verifed all of my information is accurate and current in their system. Ive been on the phone back and forth with them for a few weeks trying to get to the bottom of the issue. Last thing i was told was they've created a IT ticket , that was a week ago. Called back today and still no progress has been made. Super frustrating as my EQ report has the best score at the moment. 

Has anyone ever heard of this or experienced this?  

AAFCU CB Sig Visa $8k | Wells Fargo Autograph Visa $5k | Citi Custom Cash $5k | Wells Fargo Active Cash $15k | GS Apple Card $7.5k | NFCU Cash Rewards $18.5k | NFCU More Rewards $1k | BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards $1K | Chase Amazon Prime Visa $5100 | Venmo Visa $5k | Sams Club MC $2.5k | GS GM Rewards card $3k | AMEX BCP $1k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover IT CB $3K | AMEX Business Cash $5k | Wells Fargo Business Platinum Rewards $5K | GM Business MC $8.5k | Phillips66 Conoco 76 Fleet Card $1k | Fuelman MC fleet card $5K | Exxon Mobile Fleet Card $9k
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Penfed unable to pull EQ file

Hi @pgates - welcome to the forums.

You may want to double check since BoA tends to HP Experian as the primary CRA. On certain instances, they've been known to use TU. Very rare that EQ is pulled unless other CRs are inaccessible.

It's possible that you may have a split file situation if PenFed (or potentially any other lender) is unable to access EQ. I used to experience the same a long while back with EQ until it got fixed. Some lenders like Langley, PenFed, and even NFCU (when EQ was used for their CLOC) and others weren't able to access EQ.

Message 2 of 6
pgates
Regular Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

You may want to double check since BoA tends to HP Experian as the primary CRA. On certain instances, they've been known to use TU. Very rare that EQ is pulled unless other CRs are inaccessible.

It's possible that you may have a split file situation if PenFed (or potentially any other lender) is unable to access EQ. I used to experience the same a long while back with EQ until it got fixed. Some lenders like Langley, PenFed, and even NFCU (when EQ was used for their CLOC) and others weren't able to access EQ.

@FinStar Yes you are correct.  B of A did infact pull EXP. afterall. Thanks for the welcome! Can I ask how you got the issue resolved with the EQ report when you experienced this? I tried call EQ but their systems were down all day today. I'll call back tommorow. I truly appreciate the insight.  

AAFCU CB Sig Visa $8k | Wells Fargo Autograph Visa $5k | Citi Custom Cash $5k | Wells Fargo Active Cash $15k | GS Apple Card $7.5k | NFCU Cash Rewards $18.5k | NFCU More Rewards $1k | BOA Unlimited Cash Rewards $1K | Chase Amazon Prime Visa $5100 | Venmo Visa $5k | Sams Club MC $2.5k | GS GM Rewards card $3k | AMEX BCP $1k | AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover IT CB $3K | AMEX Business Cash $5k | Wells Fargo Business Platinum Rewards $5K | GM Business MC $8.5k | Phillips66 Conoco 76 Fleet Card $1k | Fuelman MC fleet card $5K | Exxon Mobile Fleet Card $9k
Message 3 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@pgates wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@FinStar Yes you are correct.  B of A did infact pull EXP. afterall. Thanks for the welcome! Can I ask how you got the issue resolved with the EQ report when you experienced this? I tried call EQ but their systems were down all day today. I'll call back tommorow. I truly appreciate the insight.  

Unfortunately, I'm not sure what escalation channels EQ has in place these days. Several years back, when my issue surfaced, there were ways to escalate instances like this one to upper management and they used to have an Executive Office channel. But, it appears that channel was disbanded (or restructured) so perhaps you could try reaching a live person (if available) and escalate to a supervisor. Perhaps others can chime in with how to get issues like yours resolved.

Since your situation deals paricularly with EQ, I went ahead and moved this topic to the General Credit section of the forums for more exposure.

Message 4 of 6
Miikawaadizi
New Contributor

@pgates Check out this thread where I explain the same exact problem and how it was finally fixed. 

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/7-Years-of-Credit-History-GONE-from-Equifax-R... 

Starting Score:Early 2021 Mid 400s
Current Score:Eq/Ex/Tu 740/743/734 Experian is -4 thanks to Comenity hard pull and their website “update” debacle
Goal Score: 800+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 6
pgates
Regular Contributor

@Miikawaadizi  Thanks for this.... Have supervisors from Equifax and PenFed involved and we still have not resolved this issue. Its just PenFed that cant see my EQ file, others have pulled it and I am showing a score and report on all my monitoring services. Its driving me crazy because I really need that PenFed CC so I can begin my happy gardening smh

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.