Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Loan Questions

tag
Starbuckpga
Established Member

Personal Loan Questions

A question here for the general masses.

I'm looking to get a personal loan in the area of 65-70k. I'm curious to know what kind of scores I will need to qualify for the loan. I am currently renting as I sold my house last summer. Between my wife and I we make in the area of 160k, maybe a little more after bonuses and etc.

So we have no mortgage as of now, but we do rent. Between the two of us, maybe 25k in credit card debit. But a lot of that comes and goes every month. This month might be 25k, next month might be 15k. Some student loans here and there as well.

With my current income, debit, and 700+ credit scores, what is the likelihood of getting approved for a 65k loan? I plan to pay it off in 3-5 years.

Thank you for any responses.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
namvet
Established Contributor

Re: Personal Loan Questions

That is a large personal loan and your best bet to get one would be with a bank you already have a relationship with.

Message 2 of 4
mripguru
New Contributor

@namvet wrote:

That is a large personal loan and your best bet to get one would be with a bank you already have a relationship with.

I agree - definitely do something like that with a company/bank you already have a relationship with - might work out a little better for you (not only in terms of rates, etc. but also in terms of just overall GW).

Message 3 of 4
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Definatley going to need a bank you already have a relationship with.  Do you have any assets to back it with?  That's just a really big unsecured loan even for your income. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.