Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Loan help

tag
sweetland
Established Member

Personal Loan help

Looking for suggestions of a place to lower the rate my wife and I have on a personal loan. The loan was an unsecured consolidation loan. The rate is 11.9%, $26,000, 60 mos. obtained at our local credit union.

We have tried discover personal loans as they do a “soft pull” only and the rate is a little higher.

Any other places you recommend to look up?

Our scores are mid 700’s, HH income 125k,
Two auto loans, home loan, and the above listed loan..

Thank you!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CGeorge
Frequent Contributor

Re: Personal Loan help

I got a personal loan today from Prosper with an interest rate of 6.86%. It was only for $6K, but it was for 60 months...I really do like Prosper.

Message 2 of 6
CGeorge
Frequent Contributor

And for the actual application Prosper does a "hard" pull. But only a soft pull for the pre-qualify.

Message 3 of 6
sweetland
Established Member

Thank you George. I just tried their Soft Pull application and they have decent rates but when I get up to the 25k amount they are much higher : (
Message 4 of 6
CGeorge
Frequent Contributor

Someone earlier today mentioned that Lending Tree gave them a better rate than Propsper did....so it may be worth a try.

Message 5 of 6
FlaDude
Established Contributor

I've used the prequal page at Credit Karma 3 times and always gotten at least one good offer. Of course, I could have shopped 10 or more lenders one by one, but one stop shopping worked for me.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.