Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal loan question

tag
EaglesFan2006
Established Contributor

Personal loan question

Hello,

I am considering getting a personal loan through my credit union. Terms seem good and all.

My question is ... is there a “stigma” around personal loans? I know that things like consumer financing makes your profile look bad. But other than the expected impact (new account, new debt, etc) is there anything particular about a personal loan that would send a red flag to future creditors down the road?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: Personal loan question

The only I can think of is 30 day late 60 day lates...those can do damage as well and of course Collections

Message 2 of 3
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Personal loan question

@EaglesFan2006 wrote:
Hello,

I am considering getting a personal loan through my credit union. Terms seem good and all.

My question is ... is there a “stigma” around personal loans? I know that things like consumer financing makes your profile look bad. But other than the expected impact (new account, new debt, etc) is there anything particular about a personal loan that would send a red flag to future creditors down the road?

No there's no stigma around a personal loan from a credit union.

The "consumer finance" thing doesn't apply to personal loans from credit unions.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.