Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal loan with high DTI

tag
babbles
Established Contributor

Personal loan with high DTI

Any suggestions on any lenders who will lend with high debt with outstanding credit, 740 plus?  I'm trying not to waste an inquiry on someone that will not approve.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Personal loan with high DTI

People here may be able to give you better insight if you tell them what your DTI is and how you calculated it.

Below is an excerpt from an article I found just now by googling lenders for people with high DTI

https://www.savvyoncredit.com/personal-loans-high-debt-income-ratio/

It focuses for its first strategy on ways to reduce one's DTI so that you could use a conventional lender.  Then it suggests your approach as a second strategy.

Message 2 of 11
babbles
Established Contributor

Wow thanks for that.  I think I am at 58%.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Subprime very high interest ones.

What do you need the loan for?
Message 4 of 11
babbles
Established Contributor

Selling my home, need repairs, and don't want to tap into any equity.  Need about 6k - 7k. I would use any proceeds to pay back within 6-7 months.

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Might be smart to discuss with your agent if it makes sense to do repairs.  The last home I repaired I sold without an agent and I had to either put $10,000 into the roof or sell it for $6,000 less.  Made more sense to sell it as-is than repair it for a bigger loss.

Message 6 of 11
babbles
Established Contributor

Tried that last year and didn't work.  Definintely needs new carpeting painting througout the interior.   That's just what I know of, I replaced the roof June 2015.  I will discuss with the assigned agent.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Home Depot or Lowes CC in-store app, tell them what you want and let them work with the app department to get you approved.

Message 8 of 11
babbles
Established Contributor

yes I may try  HD or lowes.  Is it just for repairs at their store?

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can get pre-approved for HD online (link in my signature) but you may get a better CL apping in store.  Might want to do the preapproval online but don't apply.  Lowes is Synchrony, also may get a better CL in-store.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.