tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pick 5, only 5!!

@Anonymouswrote:

I only have 5 . . easy!

PenFed Pathfinder Amex - 4x points travel

Discover - 5% rotating categories

PenFed Cash Rewards - 2% cash back on anything that isn't travel or a rotating Discover category

Navy Cash Rewards - supplemental cell phone insurance + 1.5% cash back on anything (sometimes use depending on when statements are cycling if I want maximum grace to pay for something) Also my lowest interest rate should I ever need to carry a balance and don't have a 0% offer.

Target - 5% 

Umm i like your plan.  I actually tried to change my PenFed Amex to pathfinder and was a no..boo!

Message 11 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

I only have 5 . . easy!

PenFed Cash Rewards - 2% cash back on anything that isn't travel or a rotating Discover category

Navy Cash Rewards - supplemental cell phone insurance + 1.5% cash back on anything (sometimes use depending on when statements are cycling if I want maximum grace to pay for something) Also my lowest interest rate should I ever need to carry a balance and don't have a 0% offer.

Target - 5% 

Umm i like your plan.  I actually tried to change my PenFed Amex to pathfinder and was a no..boo!

I have to do some calculations and see if it might make sense to PC my Navy Cash Rewards to a GoRewards for the 3 points on restaurants and 2 points on gas. I could use a card that gives me something extra on these two categories . .though I would need to see if the point conversion beats 2% cash back on my PenFed card.

Message 12 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

I only have 5 . . easy!

Target - 5% 

I have to do some calculations and see if it might make sense to PC my Navy Cash Rewards to a GoRewards for the 3 points on restaurants and 2 points on gas. I could use a card that gives me something extra on these two categories . .though I would need to see if the point conversion beats 2% cash back on my PenFed card.

Could be a good PC, BUT, what about the NavyFed More Rewards? 3 on supermarkets, 3 on gas, 2 on restaurants.  But if you spend more on restaurants, then it makes sense.

Message 13 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

I only have 5 . . easy!

Target - 5% 

Could be a good PC, BUT, what about the NavyFed More Rewards? 3 on supermarkets, 3 on gas, 2 on restaurants.  But if you spend more on restaurants, then it makes sense.

My restaurant spend is my shame. Haha.

It's a bit of a necessary evil as I live in hotels near work 3 nights/week. My partner has the groceries covered on the weekends Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

@Anonymouswrote:

I only have 5 . . easy!

Target - 5% 

My restaurant spend is my shame. Haha.

It's a bit of a necessary evil as I live in hotels near work 3 nights/week. My partner has the groceries covered on the weekends Smiley Happy

Ah! got it.  In that case yes, it makes sense.

Message 15 of 46
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

AMEX BCE - 3% Groceries

USAA AMEX -5% Gas and Military Bases / AAFES

CITI COSTCO - 2% (4% w/ membership) Costco / 3% Restaurants

BARCLAYCARD -  2x Points on Utilities

DISCOVER - Rotating 5%

Should make some nice cashback this year on these. 

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 16 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is an easy game for us that don't have many.

AMEX ED

AMEX Delta

Citi DC

Disco It

Chase Amazon

Message 17 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sneakytikiwrote:

AMEX BCE - 3% Groceries

USAA AMEX -5% Gas and Military Bases / AAFES

CITI COSTCO - 2% (4% w/ membership) Costco / 3% Restaurants

BARCLAYCARD -  2x Points on Utilities

DISCOVER - Rotating 5%

Should make some nice cashback this year on these. 

What is your average a year now?

Message 18 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:

This is an easy game for us that don't have many.

AMEX ED

AMEX Delta

Citi DC

Disco It

Chase Amazon

I'm seeing a lot of "Disco it", i like it but hate the categories lol.  I'm only able to use mine for 5% gas for Jan Feb March, then back to PenFed Visa or BCP.

Message 19 of 46
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

Don't forget Groceries and Amazon this year too for Discover It. 

This is my first year going crazy with all of this but my goal is $1500+ with all cards. These five should get around $200 each +/- $20 or so with the costco one getting closer to $300. Kids are expensive and we might actually need another grocery card to keep up with maximizing benefits.

If I get one free mortgage payment a year, I'll be happy. I'm going to have to make some type of spreadsheet to track though, too many balances to run through my head and I'd rather set up alerts to save time. 

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 20 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.