cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Give Your Opinion. . . What Should Be My Next Step With AFNI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please Give Your Opinion. . . What Should Be My Next Step With AFNI?

AFNI has me listed with two collection accounts from Cingular Wireless, owing $267 and $181, respectively.  I disputed with the CRAs - came back verified for each one.  I sent a DV letter on August 2, CMRR, a complaint to the AG's office, BBB, FTC and PlanetFeedback.com.  For each of my complaints, I downloaded complaints about AFNI from different websites and attached them to my letters. I also complained to the collection agency division of the Illinois licensing bureau - however, my complaint was returned to me because they want me to fill out some form along with my complaint.

I am wondering - should I hold off on complaining to the licensing agency for awhile to see if/how AFNI responds first and then use this as a last resort OR send the paperwork back in right away?  It looks like this branch of the licensing agency does some type of "prosecution" and penalizes collection agencies for illegal activities, so it would probably result in some sort of formal investigation.  Also, should I MOV the CRAs now or wait until more time has passed before I allege that AFNI did not verify the debt?

My scores right now or 648(exp), 655(tu) and 662(eq).  I am trying to get pre-approved for a home mortgage in October.  Since I am working with a two month time period now, I am just wondering what is the most efficient way to accomplish my goal.  I DID have a Cingular account years ago but paid the last and final bill.  I contacted Cingular and they too show no record of me ever owing anything.  I also have no problem suing - just am wondering is this the best approach now.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please Give Your Opinion. . . What Should Be My Next Step With AFNI?

dooodooo wrote:
AFNI has me listed with two collection accounts from Cingular Wireless, owing $267 and $181, respectively.  I disputed with the CRAs - came back verified for each one.  I sent a DV letter on August 2, CMRR, a complaint to the AG's office, BBB, FTC and PlanetFeedback.com.  For each of my complaints, I downloaded complaints about AFNI from different websites and attached them to my letters. I also complained to the collection agency division of the Illinois licensing bureau - however, my complaint was returned to me because they want me to fill out some form along with my complaint.

I am wondering - should I hold off on complaining to the licensing agency for awhile to see if/how AFNI responds first and then use this as a last resort OR send the paperwork back in right away?  It looks like this branch of the licensing agency does some type of "prosecution" and penalizes collection agencies for illegal activities, so it would probably result in some sort of formal investigation.  Also, should I MOV the CRAs now or wait until more time has passed before I allege that AFNI did not verify the debt?

My scores right now or 648(exp), 655(tu) and 662(eq).  I am trying to get pre-approved for a home mortgage in October.  Since I am working with a two month time period now, I am just wondering what is the most efficient way to accomplish my goal.  I DID have a Cingular account years ago but paid the last and final bill.  I contacted Cingular and they too show no record of me ever owing anything.  I also have no problem suing - just am wondering is this the best approach now.

I have done everything you did to try to get to AFNI.  They seem not to be moved by everything I throw at them.  I guess they are used to getting slammed and getting back up.  I want to hear other suggestions also.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes - there were TONS of complaints filed online the week I filed.  I only included very recent complaints with my complaint to show how egregious this company is. I'm also an attorney and made that very clear in my letter so that they would know I have no problem suing if necessary.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

bump . . . any thoughts??
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck in trying to remove those.........Trying for a year now to remove Verizon and only succeed in my EQ report. Tough nut you have there to crack.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.