cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help!!!! Im at a loss on what to do. Old disputes affecting me getting a mortgage.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please Help!!!! Im at a loss on what to do. Old disputes affecting me getting a mortgage.

I am in the process of buying a house and the mortgage company said they can't do my financing because there are out disputes on my report. I contacted company's and was told they can not remove the dispute because it is a consumer dispute, I have to do it. I contacted the credit bureaus and they said they could open an investigation but could not remove it. What do I do? How do I get these things removed?

Thank you so much for any help you can give me.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Please Help!!!! Im at a loss on what to do. Old disputes affecting me getting a mortgage.

Hi and welcome to the forums.

I know there can be no open, ongoing disputes.  If the dispute is closed it should be no issue.

See if the CRA will close the disputes.  Once closed, they should not be there.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please Help!!!! Im at a loss on what to do. Old disputes affecting me getting a mortgage.

I have spoke to the CRA and they told me that the Creditor has to close the dispute, So I called the creditor and the say that the dispute is closed that they can't do anything else about it. I am so confused. What do I do now?

Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Call the CRA and tell them what the creditor said.  Maybe they will close it.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which CRA is it? I've heard EQ and EX are easy but TU can be a pain to have that comment removed.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.