Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potential Late auto payment-help please

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Potential Late auto payment-help please

So I think my last car payment may report 30 days late and we are in the middle of trying to work on credit and get a mortgage. Long story short myself and my child have been sick and we have been forking out the cost for prescriptions and dr bills for 9 weeks! So we tried to stretch out as long as we could til our next paycheck and pay before it would become 30 days late. So my payment was due 1/16/17. I paid the payment on 2/14/17, what I failed to pay attention to was the time I posted the payment and when I went back online it said it "processed online payment on 2/15/17", ok so I thought good it went through before the 16th, Im good..um NO! . They are telling me that it is still 30 days late because there were 31 days in January so the 15th would have been 30 days not the 16th!! So I am freaking out right now and dont know if any one has suggestions or have recommendations. I have read that people have done Goodwill letters to remove a late. I have had this loan since 2014 and have never been late. Im just so worried since we are trying to get a mortgage. Does anyone think doing a letter would help or if I will report late?? So far its not showing anything on report YET.

Thanks for any help!!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Potential Late auto payment-help please

@Anonymous wrote:

So I think my last car payment may report 30 days late and we are in the middle of trying to work on credit and get a mortgage. Long story short myself and my child have been sick and we have been forking out the cost for prescriptions and dr bills for 9 weeks! So we tried to stretch out as long as we could til our next paycheck and pay before it would become 30 days late. So my payment was due 1/16/17. I paid the payment on 2/14/17, what I failed to pay attention to was the time I posted the payment and when I went back online it said it "processed online payment on 2/15/17", ok so I thought good it went through before the 16th, Im good..um NO! . They are telling me that it is still 30 days late because there were 31 days in January so the 15th would have been 30 days not the 16th!! So I am freaking out right now and dont know if any one has suggestions or have recommendations. I have read that people have done Goodwill letters to remove a late. I have had this loan since 2014 and have never been late. Im just so worried since we are trying to get a mortgage. Does anyone think doing a letter would help or if I will report late?? So far its not showing anything on report YET.

Thanks for any help!!!

Sorry for your child's medical situation and hope they are doing better.  

If the auto auto loan company does end up reporting you as 30 days late then your only option would be to pursue the Goodwill letter option.  Often you need to send the letters quite a few to obtain results (doesn't always work).  Below is a link to a thread about GW letters with some sample.  Good luck to you and hopefully it won't even report aslate

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-letter-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-GW-Success-Stories/td-p/1573680

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.