Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pre approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pre approvals

Another quick question
I opted out of everything because of heavy spam.
I just reestablished my credit.
I was at 630 back in march, FICO 8 has be around 720.
Issue.. I need to obtain a couple credit cards.
I had to start all over and I got one.
I need to get a couple more, my bank is telling me this.
However... I opted out of EVERYTHING to avoid getting anything while I was fixing the mess I was in.
My advisor said you won't get pre approvals now.
Even online I can't get them.
He said "and you won't. And it's tough to opt back in to get pre qualify.. "
He agrees! Never apply without a pre approval. Your odds are better with one.
Fast-forward did a little research. A few people who experienced the same thing I am, did in fact opt back in, within five days they were getting pre approvals everywhere.
Any easy help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Pre approvals

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, thanks! Hey if I have any further questions can I bug you? 😊
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went in to do it and got through the entire form except my name. It keeps sending me back saying
"must use correct format "
I have tried everything! I used the exact same format on the entire form, yet it's continually stopping me at my name? Help?
Message 4 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
I went in to do it and got through the entire form except my name. It keeps sending me back saying
I have tried everything! I used the exact same format on the entire form, yet it's continually stopping me at my name? Help?

Your name, does it have Jr, Sr or anything like that?

You are not bugging me 

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

No not at all. I attempted to use small case, all large, I attempted everything. It refuses to be specific too. I thought maybe I used a Nick name or something.. Attempted that. It refused to allow me to agree to terms and proceed 😕
Message 6 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
No not at all. I attempted to use small case, all large, I attempted everything. It refuses to be specific too. I thought maybe I used a Nick name or something.. Attempted that. It refused to allow me to agree to terms and proceed 😕

In the date of birth field, are you putting dashes and using MM-DD-YYYY format? 

That is the only field where I was able to replicate your error before submitting the form 

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

No honey they allowed me to proceed with everything except the name. First and last. The boxes are highlighted red on just those two fields with the statement
Wrong format.
I tried twice again after I got your last answer. I even attempted to Google it. Others have the same issue however there is no conclusive answer on how to fix it.
Technology isn't always what it's cracked up to be. Thanks anyway great info you gave me.
Such a nice community you all have here. Everyone gets back quick to answer too. I like this forum 😊
Message 8 of 10
Remedios
Credit Mentor

You can opt in via phone call. Here is the number. Hope it works  this time 

Screenshot_20190208-042429_Chrome.jpg

Message 9 of 10
CAS2019
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Did you by chance, use your computer/IPad/smart phone auto fill for your name?  I received the same error, but typed in (instead of the auto fill) all the letters of my name and it accepted.  I’m not planning on applying for anything, but a year down the line, I will.  Best of luck!

Starting Score: 784
Current Score: 784
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Club Member" border="0" width="50" height="67" align="right">

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.