Did you mean: 

Privacy Matters

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Privacy Matters

Can I just say they are terrible.
Dial up in 1980 was faster.
I click to update report and it says report updated but does not display my new report!

I HATE THEM!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Privacy Matters

Rut-roh, I just signed up for the free 30 day trial. I'm hoping others will chime in with their experiences as well.

The site isn't that slow for me, but since it's the 1st day I can't speak to the updating issue. I do like their credit analyzer - it's much more robust IMO than myfico - especially the custom scenario builder. Me likey!
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep. After you hit the UPDATE REPORT link and click ok to pull a new report it will load the old report again.

You need to LOG OUT and LOG BACK IN again for the new report to see changes after you update date it. I knew it wasn't just me. Pain in the hinny. They use the True Credit engine for credit reports.
Message 3 of 9
thotgal320
Frequent Contributor

I had Privacy Matters and didn't like them either. I now have TC and SW.
Message 4 of 9
specultr
Regular Contributor

x

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase, Nat City, Privacy Matters, WalMart, and some more all resellers of TC. Just about the same thing using the same product.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

ilovepizza wrote:
Yep. After you hit the UPDATE REPORT link and click ok to pull a new report it will load the old report again.

You need to LOG OUT and LOG BACK IN again for the new report to see changes after you update date it. I knew it wasn't just me. Pain in the hinny. They use the True Credit engine for credit reports.

I've looked all over the site & can't find an UPDATE REPORT link. Where is it hiding? Or do you get that link only when a new report is available?
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once you are looking at your old credit report on Privacy Matters screen in blue underlined small text at the top middle right it will say.

Printer Friendly Version
Found an inaccuracy
View your Score
Request a New Report

CLICK ON > Request a New Report

You can do this every 24 hours and 1 minute.

After you update the report you have to log out, and log back in to see the updated report. You don't have to log completely out, just log out from the second log in. The first one asks for your account number and zip code. Don't log out of that one too, just the one where you get your credit report.

Message Edited by ilovepizza on 05-15-2008 01:32 PM
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I feel kinda dumb now.

I didn't see any of those links so I called them up to find out why. They said they update reports & scores every 90 days. I argued with them, saying others can get reports every 24 hours, why am I being told every 90 days? That won't help me at all!

Finally after a few minutes of this craziness I realized I had signed up for Privacy Assist. Not Privacy Matters.

Oops.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.