Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Record Reinsertion?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Public Record Reinsertion?

Hi All, I need some help understanding something. I sent in 2 disputes on an expired tax lien. Within days of them receiving my disputes, both bureaus deleted the item. One sent me written confirmation of deleted, the other sent a letter stating the iten had been updated to paid, yet it has been 2 weeks and it's still deleted. Should I expect this to show back up? I was under the impression that they don't delete if they don't intend to keep it that way. Right? If they wanted to verify it, they could have waited the full 30 days, instead of deleting it only a few days after receiving my dispute. Does anyone have experience with something similar? Thanks
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Public Record Reinsertion?

Deletion of disputed information on the basis of lack of verification is not absolute.

If the information is later verified, it can be reinserted.

Reinsertion requires notice to the consumer if verified by a furnisher.

As for the merits of the reinsertion, what is meant by an "expired tax lien"?

There is a difference between the CRA excluding based on expiration of the credit report exclusion period, and deletion based on a finding that the tax lien was removed from the public record.  Credit report exclusion is not mandated until 7 years from date paid.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Public Record Reinsertion?

"Expired tax lien" refers to the SOL. The underlying debt was from a Tax year 15 years ago. It "self released" problem with it though, is it wasn't filed until '08. I was just confused on why they deleted it, yet sent a letter stating they were simply going to update it. I am hoping it remains deleted! Lol
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.