Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purchased Fico 2

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Purchased Fico 2

Today I purchased my Fico 2 through Experian. I got an email confirmation of the purchase but the score is not showing on my profile. Does it take a while to update?

Note: I also purchased my Fico 2 on April 7, so it hasn't been a whole month since I pulled my last Fico 2 score. Can you only purchase Fico 2 once a month? Could that be why it's not showing my score? Will I have to wait until May 7?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Purchased Fico 2

I would contact Experian it shouldn't take that long to show up. Having said that is there a reason you are ordering your FICO 2 instead of FICO 8? I'm asking because most lenders like 99% of them use FICO 8 in fact I tell my clients that if you have a good FICO 8 score then the rest of them will be totally fine usually. there are some lenders that do you use older scoring methods but the majority uses the latter so I would definitely when you talk to them number one ask them why you did not get the score that you ordered and since you have not received the FICO 2 would they send you your FICO 8 Auto Score or FICO 8 Mortgage Score or regular FICO depending on your goal. 

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply.

I am trying to purchase Fico 2 b/c we are looking to do a cash out refi and I was under the impression that mortgage companies use FICO 2. My FICO 8 score is 759 but last time I checked FICO 2 (in April) it was 738 and our banker told us a score of 740 is needed to secure the best interest rates. I assumed he was referring to FICO 2 score. Thoughts?

Message 3 of 13
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

I am trying to purchase Fico 2 b/c we are looking to do a cash out refi and I was under the impression that mortgage companies use FICO 2. My FICO 8 score is 759 but last time I checked FICO 2 (in April) it was 738 and our banker told us a score of 740 is needed to secure the best interest rates. I assumed he was referring to FICO 2 score. Thoughts?

You are correct, mortgage scores are generally used for refi- and if you're sure the lender will pull and use EX only, then EX2 is what you need.   However - they may (most likely will) pull all 3 mortgage scores and use the 'middle' score for approval so in that case, you'd be better off purchasing scores from m myFICO as it's the only place to get all 3 (FICO 5, 4, and 2).

That said, the Experian service should have displayed your EX2 immediately, so if you don't see it, contact them as it may be a system glitch.

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 4 of 13
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

How much did you pay for just the FICO2? 

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.

I'm not sure they will use EX only. I just started there since I already have a membership at EX and could purchase FICO 2 for $5. I plan on purchasing 5 and 4 as well.

Still no sign of the FICO 2 score, but I definitely paid for it. I am having trouble reaching a human at Experian to figure it out. 

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

About $5 on the Experian website. I purchased it in April and had no issues. It showed up right away. This month I got a confirmation email that I paid for it, but the score is not showing up.

Message 7 of 13
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

Good Q.  I could have sworn their $1 trial gave all EX FICO versions except FICO 9....

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 8 of 13
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@thornback wrote:

Good Q.  I could have sworn their $1 trial gave all EX FICO versions except FICO 9....

I think you are correct.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thornback wrote:

Yes, but if he's an ongoing Experian subscriber he doesn't have that option.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.