Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pushed payment from Chase to Citi CC question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pushed payment from Chase to Citi CC question

Hey all.  My Citi statement period ends tomorrow, 2/24.  I noticed yesterday that I had a pending charge of ~$467 sneak in from a fuel oil delivery that wasn't planned.  Online, Citi would only let me pay 7.5% greater than my current balance, which took the account to -$64 or so.  Once the pending charge posts, probably later today or tomorrow, that would bring my current balance to ~$403 which would then report as the new statement balance.  My goal is to have this account report $0.  I just pushed a payment from my Chase checking account in that ~$403 amount a few minutes ago.  I've never done this before.  It says 1 business day.  Do you all think I'll be good and this will apply to the Citi CC in time and result in a $0 statement balance from them? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Pushed payment from Chase to Citi CC question

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey all.  My Citi statement period ends tomorrow, 2/24.  I noticed yesterday that I had a pending charge of ~$467 sneak in from a fuel oil delivery that wasn't planned.  Online, Citi would only let me pay 7.5% greater than my current balance, which took the account to -$64 or so.  Once the pending charge posts, probably later today or tomorrow, that would bring my current balance to ~$403 which would then report as the new statement balance.  My goal is to have this account report $0.  I just pushed a payment from my Chase checking account in that ~$403 amount a few minutes ago.  I've never done this before.  It says 1 business day.  Do you all think I'll be good and this will apply to the Citi CC in time and result in a $0 statement balance from them? 

In the bill pay setup it tells you what day it will be "delivered". Whatever that said is what it will be.

Since you did it early in the day, no reason to doubt that it will be there in 1 business day by electronic delivery.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No change to the account as of this morning.  The payment hasn't yet showed up and the pending charge is still pending.  We'll see what happens in the final hours as we approach statement close...

Message 3 of 5
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

No change to the account as of this morning.  The payment hasn't yet showed up and the pending charge is still pending.  We'll see what happens in the final hours as we approach statement close...

@AnonymousSo how did it turn out? I know everytime I push pay it gets credited on Day of Delivery as stated even if a pending charge is still pending.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good; the pushed payment was credited next day as expected.  The pending charge though actually never posted, so I would have actually been alright even if the pushed payment didn't make it.  Instead of a -$60 balance my statement balance was -$470 or so, which should no doubt result in a $0 reported balance.  Good to know that pushing payments is an option, as it seems this is the one card where things always tend to sneak in on my last minute for whatever reason.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.