Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Put Freeze on EX & Can't Get FICO Score

tag
adamseve
Established Contributor

Put Freeze on EX & Can't Get FICO Score

I thought the freeze was so that potential creditors couldn't pull your credit report.  I didn't know it prevented you from seeing your FICO score too.

Will I have to unfreeze the report to see my FICO score?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Put Freeze on EX & Can't Get FICO Score

From my own experience, with a freeze you can only pull your scores directly from the CRAs. Equifax and Transunion will let you purchase a report online, though only Equifax has the option to purchase a FICO score (Transunion gives you a FAKO). Experian will not let you pull online, they'll require you to send a request via mail with proof of identity (Driver License copy, bank statement, etc) and then they mail you the report/score (FAKO).

Third-parties (Truecredit, MyFico, etc) cannot pull your report. I haven't tried annualcreditreport.com, but I'm assuming they won't be able either.

Thus, if you don't want to lift the freeze, Equifax is the only option for a FICO score.

Message Edited by 98 on 08-07-2008 10:01 PM

Message Edited by 98 on 08-07-2008 10:02 PM
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can purchase a FICO score through Transunion here.

I would say that you won't be able to access your reports or scores through any 3rd party.

You should be able to get your Free Annual Credit Report because you get the report directly from the CRA.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes- with a Fraud Alert just a call into myFICO will alow you to pull. 

With a freeze you will not be able to pull scores from myFICO.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.