Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about AU account

tag
Simply827
Established Contributor

Question about AU account

I was an AU on a card until February of this year. I pulled a TU report on here for QM and that account is listed as "account relationship terminated." It also appears to still be factoring into my UTL. I checked Credit Sesame today as well and its balance was not factored in. I have to check my EX report later to see if the account is completely gone, or if it is "relationship terminated" as well.

I guess what I'm asking is...Is there any downside to leaving the account on my report as RT? I definitely don't want its balance being counted toward my UTL, but I don't mind the account staying on since it is has a significantly larger CL than the rest of my accounts. Could it also be possible it's being counted in UTL only because of how the MyFico reports are structured? If the account stays on the report, does a creditor essentially ignore it?

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Question about AU account

Usually this is seen/referenced, when the account master is deceased, or the tradeline is closed completely.

I'd not worry about it, unless you're seeing data (balances/high usage) that is hurting your score by factorization.

Typically when the AU is shut down, the tradeline dissolves from all three CRA's, but there are exceptions....

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.