Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about account status

tag
jbimler
Established Member

Question about account status

So last week I signed up for annualcreditreport and noticed an odd past due Verizon bill showing up only through Experien. Called Verizon and was told the SSN on the account wasn't mine. I filled a dispute and also noticed a SSN filled under alternative that wasn't mine. I called Experien to have this removed since I couldn't on their website. The CS was nice and said she'd have that done for me. Fast forward to this week and I have now been denied access to my information on their site. I'm assuming my trial had run out. So I bite the bullet and pay for 3 bureau reporting on freecreditreport and see now that under account status it says "closed" but still showing a past due. Does this mean I'm done with the account and it will dissapear? 

One more question I had. How rare is it to see things only flagging on one report? The Verizon bill was only showing on Experian. Then I had a student loan I paid last January but just recently disputed is showing as past due on Transunion. Also there is a recent open collection that is only showing through Transunion. Is this normal?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Re: Question about account status

@jbimler wrote:

So last week I signed up for annualcreditreport and noticed an odd past due Verizon bill showing up only through Experien. Called Verizon and was told the SSN on the account wasn't mine. I filled a dispute and also noticed a SSN filled under alternative that wasn't mine. I called Experien to have this removed since I couldn't on their website. The CS was nice and said she'd have that done for me. Fast forward to this week and I have now been denied access to my information on their site. I'm assuming my trial had run out. So I bite the bullet and pay for 3 bureau reporting on freecreditreport and see now that under account status it says "closed" but still showing a past due. Does this mean I'm done with the account and it will dissapear? 

One more question I had. How rare is it to see things only flagging on one report? The Verizon bill was only showing on Experian. Then I had a student loan I paid last January but just recently disputed is showing as past due on Transunion. Also there is a recent open collection that is only showing through Transunion. Is this normal?

hello, the annualcreditreport is good for 30 days only. experian should remove the verizon account completely since it's not your account I would call back and have them remove it how can it be closed and showing past due if it was not your account from the get go Shame on experian. It is normal to see some accounts not report to all 3 credit bureau I have peoples gas that shows only on my transunion account. It does not report to experian or equifax.

Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Question about account status

Asserting it was not your account does not make it so, and deletion would only be compelled if either the creditor agreed or a dispute resulted in their lack of verification of the accuracy of the disputed information. 

You say you filed a dispute.  What was the finding in the Notice of Results of Reinvestigation?  I dont see that key issue presented in the post.

That will govern the issue of compelling CR deletion.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.