Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about debt collection letter

tag
Iusedtolurk
Established Contributor

Re: Question about debt collection letter

@Anonymous wrote:

I received a letter in the mail from a debt collector regarding a past debt of mine that is 9 1/2 yrs old. It was for a Bally’s fitness account. They offered me a settlement amount. 

Questions: 

1) this debt is beyond the statue of limitations so they can’t sue... should I bother with this at all? 

2) if it was on my credit report (assume it was... it fell off a few yrs ago... can they really continue to send me a letter knowing it can’t be put on my report again?? 

Asking the real Questions----"How much is it?"

A couple of dollars that won't hurt you ...the letters are an annoyance...your conscious bothering you...You might want to pay to just be through with all of it.

A large amount that might hurt you struggling to pay it...the letters get thrown out with other junk mail...your conscious doesn't give a hoot..forgettaboutit.

They will do what they do until you take the necessary steps and legal measures to stop them from harassing you.

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.