Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on disputing multiples....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question on disputing multiples....

Meaning, I have a total of four relatively small CAs on my report.  All belong to the same place (hospital related, sold to collections) and are from different dates.  Do I send a CMRRR for EACH account?  Or would it benefit me to have one letter stating that I will pay all of them at once?  Do you think it makes a difference to the CA???  (I really, really don't want to do all of them at once - but will if most of you say it would be more favorable)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Question on disputing multiples....

Are you paying them or disputing them?  I'm confused. 

These 4 (different?) medical debts from different days... are they definitely 4 different visits but 'same place' meaning one CA, or 4 CAs as you are said?
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm sorry..... I'm doing a PFD, not a dispute.  But yes, they are all four from the same hospital - different days - different account #s listed on my CR.  Seperate TLs.  Same State Collection Services collector.
Message 3 of 6
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

willows wrote:
I'm sorry..... I'm doing a PFD, not a dispute.  But yes, they are all four from the same hospital - different days - different account #s listed on my CR.  Seperate TLs.  Same State Collection Services collector.

Oooh ok that's much easier to work with.  If the debts are within collecting and reporting SOL, I would see if you can settle with the hospital.  They might not have sold the debt.  Hospitals are quite easy to get PFDs with and usually for much less than full.  I would combine all 4 for sure.. but as I said, if the hospital still owns the debt but is just using an outside CA, you might find that the total settlement for PFD is reasonable enough to pay 'em all together.   Get this PFD from the OC and both that and the CA derog will wipe.

If the hospital billing department tells you clearly that no, the debt is sold... off to the CA for a PFD.  Combine them if you can into one letter and payment but you may need to offer more or full...depends.  That will not wipe out the OC derog and you will GW the OC.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 4 of 6
azsassycat
Frequent Contributor

I don't know if this was the most correct way of handling multiple accounts with the same OC/CA, but I sent a separate PFD letter (via CMRRR) for each account number/date of service for my medical collections.  I had six accounts.  I haven't gotten a response from the OC as of yet (sent on 09/27/07 and they signed for on 10/01/07).  However, these are the same accounts I am disputing with the CRA since the CA is not licensed in my state.  HTH

Cathleen
10/22/07 (FICO) EQ 544 EX 520 TU 518
03/04/08 (FICO) EQ 606 EX 599 TU 601
04/24/08 (FICO) EQ 600 EX 580 TU 608
06/02/15 (FICO) EQ 578 EX 561 TU 589
Message 5 of 6
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

BTW I don't feel there is anything 'wrong' about doing them separate.  However, I certainly do feel that if at all possible financially, it would be more effective and probably advantageous to combine them all.  If you can't, I would only do 1 as a 'test drive' to see how workable they are before following suit with the rest.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.