cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Credit Inquiry - A little concerned as to why it's even there and what to do

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Random Credit Inquiry - A little concerned as to why it's even there and what to do

So since my balance on my credit card is, admittedly, kinda high I haven't really used it at all in a few months other than using it to swipe and pay my minimum. The only activity I have right now is the payment and that's all the activity I've had on the card for the past couple months. 

I check my score through CK (not the best I know but it's something at least) and some weird inquiry for something called VIVINT Home Furnishings came up. Makes no sense whatsoever as I haven't used the card in months and I haven't bought any furniture. There's no other authorized users on the account too, it's just me. And I oon't have any spare cards, or so I hope (to be honest) because my permanant address is my moms but I'm automatically sent a text whenever the card is used and nothing came up (a safegaurd against myself). 

So it might not be anything to worry about but it's just weird and random and not remotely recognized. The date says three days ago too.  I'm just trying to be safe because of the randomness of it all.

3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Random Credit Inquiry - A little concerned as to why it's even there and what to do

If you have a card from them it most likely is a regular account review of your overall credit and nothing to worry about.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Random Credit Inquiry - A little concerned as to why it's even there and what to do

@gdale6 wrote:

If you have a card from them it most likely is a regular account review of your overall credit and nothing to worry about.

Surprised they did a HP for an AR. I would call and ask why they did a HP and see if the could recode it as a SP.

Message 3 of 4
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

VIVINT Home Furnishings is an home alarm company basically.. There is a thread from 2014 on here about unauthorized HP.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.