Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re:720 FICO score but getting shut out of low apr credit cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re:720 FICO score but getting shut out of low apr credit cards

I have the following scores EQ=708 TU=720 EX=747 I have a BofA signature visa $5000 limit, balance $348.00.  I am trying to get approved for a low apr reward or mileage card but keep getting denied.  what can I do to improve my profile to get these doors opened?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Re:720 FICO score but getting shut out of low apr credit cards

it is hard to say based only on the consideration of your % util on the BOA card.  Your % util on that card is only around 6%, so I dont think that is their primary concern.

If that is your only open tradeline, maybe their concern is that you have a "thin" credit file, which is normally having less than four active TLs.

IF your lenght of credit history is low, maybe it is based on your average age of accounts, or oldest date of credit.

Do you have old derogs still in your CR?

Did they also ask you for income verification?  Maybe they are basing it on more than just your FICO score.

It is hard to say what they are considering when making their decisions.

Message 2 of 3
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Re:720 FICO score but getting shut out of low apr credit cards

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the following scores EQ=708 TU=720 EX=747 I have a BofA signature visa $5000 limit, balance $348.00.  I am trying to get approved for a low apr reward or mileage card but keep getting denied.  what can I do to improve my profile to get these doors opened?

Are these scores from a lender?  The reason I am aksing is because EX quit selling their FICO scores to the consumer a while back.  You can only get it from a lender/creditor or some CU in PA.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.