cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recode Hard Pull to Soft Pull Success out there?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure

Recode Hard Pull to Soft Pull Success out there?

Hello - Has anyone had success requesting a company recode their HP to a SP? I saw a post from a year ago claiming it’s possible and just to write the company. 

Is is a friendly simple letter just sufficient? Any details I should include? 

It is easy for companies to recode? Just curious. 

Hard Pulls from: 

Discover, Cap1, FNB OMAHA, & Synchrony Bank. 

Any suggestions or success stories would be greatly appreciated! 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Senior Contributor

Re: Recode Hard Pull to Soft Pull Success out there?

Welcome. If you applied and it wasnt indentity theft. Nope. They fall off FICO after 1 yr and dont count any longer.

My posts are JMHO. I DO NOT claim to be a FICO expert. Just sharing my experiences from rebuild to recovery after BK DC. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 2 of 4

Firemedic - I noticed you had. BK 3 years ago. Is BB&T & Suntrust BK friendly? Saw you have those cards, wondering if in time they are worth it to apply for in the future? Thank you sir! 

Message 3 of 4
Senior Contributor

I left SunTrust because they said after a year. Went to Chase and opened check/save. Joined here and saw 10 yrs for Chase. Went back to SunTrust and said I want to come back and open a check/save and applied for the Cash Rewards after being gone a year. 10 minutes later had all 3. BB&T took a shot and it was over 2 yrs post DC and got approved. Both cards I was tipping 700 on EQ.

My posts are JMHO. I DO NOT claim to be a FICO expert. Just sharing my experiences from rebuild to recovery after BK DC. My siggy is not to brag at all. Just to show fellow members what can be accomplished when you do it right and play the FICO Credit Game.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.