cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendations for Credit Law Attorney?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recommendations for Credit Law Attorney?

For some reason I can't get a definitive answer whether my payments to CAs for accounts that were out of SOL by then re-set the SOL.

I asked a lawyer who was reviewing my case(s) but it was a legal-mill and he wanted me off the phone fast. He simply gave me the vaguest 'in some cases some courts do consider the SOL re-set'. Now, I knew that, what I want to know is with MY CA in their states and my OC in their states and my contracts in MY States and MY SOL and MY payments if I can get a definitive answer if I can use a time-barred defense still.

Does anyone know of any good lawyers who can simply review the very basic details of my case and give me a definitive answer (as definitive as lawyers can get that it).

Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recommendations for Credit Law Attorney?

contact naca.net and ask a for a fre consultation
or contact you AG

nyccc2 wrote:
For some reason I can't get a definitive answer whether my payments to CAs for accounts that were out of SOL by then re-set the SOL.

I asked a lawyer who was reviewing my case(s) but it was a legal-mill and he wanted me off the phone fast. He simply gave me the vaguest 'in some cases some courts do consider the SOL re-set'. Now, I knew that, what I want to know is with MY CA in their states and my OC in their states and my contracts in MY States and MY SOL and MY payments if I can get a definitive answer if I can use a time-barred defense still.

Does anyone know of any good lawyers who can simply review the very basic details of my case and give me a definitive answer (as definitive as lawyers can get that it).

Thanks in advance.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I'll try naca.net. My AG office would not give me that information.

Update: Great site, I did attorney searches for Debt Collection and New York State and found a few attorneys, when/if I get a firm answer I'll post here.

Maybe we can even start a thread that lists

State/SOL/Re-Set SOL Pay OC/Re-Set SOL Pay CA

I'm telling you, the internet is the worst thing ever invented for creditors like this.

Message Edited by nyccc2 on 03-10-2008 01:35 PM
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

S 203. Method of computing periods of limitation generally. (a) Accrual of cause of action and interposition of claim. The time within which an action must be commenced, except as otherwise expressly prescribed, shall be computed from the time the cause of action accrued to the time the claim is interposed.

I am only guessing that SOL is not reset  BUT  I find NY law hard to follow.   I will try to get more info. if I can

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.