Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recon Letters

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Recon Letters

Has anyone had any success with recon letters to Hooters, Home Depot or Walmart?  I got a target card and I guess I thought I was all that.  NOT!!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Recon Letters

Nobody, huh?
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

i tried with walmart since the reason for my denial was that they couldn't verify my identity. i sent copy of driver's license and tried calling to explain, etc. they just kept telling me to reapply in the store. i refused.

it didn't work for me...but it doesn't hurt to try!
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

amador wrote:
i tried with walmart since the reason for my denial was that they couldn't verify my identity. i sent copy of driver's license and tried calling to explain, etc. they just kept telling me to reapply in the store. i refused.

it didn't work for me...but it doesn't hurt to try!

Is the store card through GEMB also?  Who did you contact? 
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah it was GEMB.

i sent letters to the addresses on their correspondence. i tried some phone numbers after googling GEMB and asking here...but that just brought me to their customer service people, who are just trained to deal with customers who already have the card.

i also sent a letter on planetfeedback.
after that, a real person emailed me back with direct contact information. she explained that i answered the identity questions wrong and thats why i should apply in the store. she said that since it had been over 30 days, they couldn't refer to the previous credit pull and that i can apply again. i didn't want another inquiry, so walmart and i will live without each other.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.