Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refinancing a personal loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Refinancing a personal loan

I have a personal loan through CitiFinancial that I am contemplating on refinancing since I've had the loan over 6 months. Am I risking my credit score to dip if I do this?

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Refinancing a personal loan

I had a loan with citifinancial before and the decision to refinance was not hard. Ask yourself this: is it worth it to be paying 20-30% interest each month just so you don't get a hard pull?

I would refinance elsewhere. That's just my opinion.
Message 2 of 3
a0034d
New Contributor

Re: Refinancing a personal loan

I would try not to if at all possible. I have been through this. Up until this time last year my dh was getting personal loans just to pay the bills. I really didn't know (still don't) where all the "bill" money was going. So we'd get behind and he'd go to one of those crappy loan places and put us further in debt. We had 3 PL that totaled about $6000; the average interest rate was 28%! It was just a horrible cycle.

Are you a CU member? If not, try to join one and apply for a unsecured loan. Dh & I did this and were very surprised b/c they did approve us. The CU gave us enough to pay all 3 off at a 11% rate. It's great b/c it lower the payments $250 a month and we'll have it paid off sooner. Good Luck!!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.