Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reinstating Tradelines

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reinstating Tradelines

Morning All,

It's Eve.  How do I get a deleted tradeline reinserted?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Reinstating Tradelines

Who deleted it?  If a good account you can call the creditor and ask them to report to the CRA's.

I've done that with BoA with a CC that wasn't reporting, she re-reported the same day and they showed on my credit reports about a week later. 
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey CTRob,

Thanks for responding.  TransUnion deleted this TL and it was a mortgage tradeline at that from 1999 and I needed for it to stay I only asked that they get the wording correct as I did not put this in my bankruptcy to discharge, we actually continued paying on this mortgage until it was sold to another company..  I think this positive trade was helping my fico but the wording that said "included or part of Chapt. 7 BK" which it was not.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you will need to request the original creditor to report it again.  Even tho it was on the report once before, I don't think TU will do anything for you.   

good luck
ctRob
Message 4 of 6
chartley3
Frequent Contributor

Eve,

If the account was reaffirmed as part of the BK, the creditor can only report the TL up to the date of the BK. When I filed back in 1998 I reaffirmed two car loans that were never late and current and the Creditors stopped reporting my payments from my discharge date until I traded in the cars Smiley Sad
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

chartley3 wrote:
Eve,

If the account was reaffirmed as part of the BK, the creditor can only report the TL up to the date of the BK.

Is that by law, or just customary?

I don't have any experiance with this, but just out of sheer determination I would still try with the creditor.  State your case, tell them what your trying to do with your credit, (for your family, your kids, your sick grandmother, blah blah blah) and that you could really use the mortgage tradeline on your reports.  If you have any kind of local office I would try to get a warm body to plead with, maybe even shed a tear or two....

My mortgage TL's only go back to 2004, but I know what you mean.  I cherish them dearly.   I would do anything before I made a late payment.  (well, almost anything Smiley Wink)
never give up,
ctRob
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.