Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove C1 tradeline or GW Lates?

tag
comebackkid15
Regular Contributor

Remove C1 tradeline or GW Lates?

My first C1 card was a secured Platinum that went unsecured after a year in 2016.

But due to work/salary issues, the card fell behind via lates, with no further ability to charge anything, up until 2018, when C1 put the account as "Restricted", effectively making it closed, even though it shows a zero balance and a $400 CL, that shows as part of my overall credit limit.

Now, in 2018 that year I was haggling with C1 over the phone to get the old account fixed, but in the end, they offered me a QS1 card, of which since then kept payments on time. Funny thing is, it still shows Platinum card as being paid On Time the same as the QS1 card for that time...huh.

Question is, should I delete the tradeline of the old card? I expect to hurt my AAoA and reported CL, but by how much a score drop? 

Q #2, would I see a bounce back of any significance if its removed and just shows my QS1 card only?

Below is a screenshot of what's showing from FICO report- forgive the formatting since I'm doing it via Android...lol

EQUIFAX TRANSUNION EXPERIAN  30 Days Late60 Days Late90 Days Late

04/2017, 08/2016

05/2017, 09/2016

09/2017, 08/2017, 07/2017
09/2017, 08/2017, 07/2017, 06/2017, 01/2017, 12/2016, 11/2016, 10/2016
09/2017

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Remove C1 tradeline or GW Lates?

@comebackkid15 wrote:

My first C1 card was a secured Platinum that went unsecured after a year in 2016.

But due to work/salary issues, the card fell behind via lates, with no further ability to charge anything, up until 2018, when C1 put the account as "Restricted", effectively making it closed, even though it shows a zero balance and a $400 CL, that shows as part of my overall credit limit.

Now, in 2018 that year I was haggling with C1 over the phone to get the old account fixed, but in the end, they offered me a QS1 card, of which since then kept payments on time. Funny thing is, it still shows Platinum card as being paid On Time the same as the QS1 card for that time...huh.

Question is, should I delete the tradeline of the old card? I expect to hurt my AAoA and reported CL, but by how much a score drop? 

Q #2, would I see a bounce back of any significance if its removed and just shows my QS1 card only?

Below is a screenshot of what's showing from FICO report- forgive the formatting since I'm doing it via Android...lol

EQUIFAX TRANSUNION EXPERIAN  30 Days Late60 Days Late90 Days Late

04/2017, 08/2016

05/2017, 09/2016

09/2017, 08/2017, 07/2017
09/2017, 08/2017, 07/2017, 06/2017, 01/2017, 12/2016, 11/2016, 10/2016
09/2017

Just how do you think you would be able to "delete the tradeline"? If it was that easy no one would have negative information on their reports lol.

Message 2 of 7
comebackkid15
Regular Contributor

@dragontears wrote:

Just how do you think you would be able to "delete the tradeline"? If it was that easy no one would have negative information on their reports lol.

Okay, forgive the word choice, but my question was along the line of 'can I have that particular TL closed, or ask for it to NOT be reported? 

Since that card # cannot be used, it just showing as the oldest card in my file [all other cards AAoA is about 2 yrs 6 months] 

Message 3 of 7
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

@comebackkid15 wrote:

@dragontears wrote:

Okay, forgive the word choice, but my question was along the line of 'can I have that particular TL closed, or ask for it to NOT be reported? 

Since that card # cannot be used, it just showing as the oldest card in my file [all other cards AAoA is about 2 yrs 6 months] 

I'm not entirely sure if I'm understanding this correctly but if I am, you can't request it to be deleted. It will naturally age off on its own. Are you saying it's delinquent or that it's not? If it's not, I don't even know why you would WANT to remove it. 

Message 4 of 7
comebackkid15
Regular Contributor

@KLEXH25 wrote:

@comebackkid15 wrote:

@dragontears wrote:

I'm not entirely sure if I'm understanding this correctly but if I am, you can't request it to be deleted. It will naturally age off on its own. Are you saying it's delinquent or that it's not? If it's not, I don't even know why you would WANT to remove it. 

Okay, so the short answer is I CANNOT have that TL removed, it would have to age off.

The account for those months shown, up until 8/2018 shows those months being late, BUT the card couldn't be used during that time up until NOW. The card number is expired, and no new one was ever issued for THAT account. For all due purpose,  the account was *closed* by C1, even though it shows as "restricted' in my Capital One Account page.

So, I guess I'll either ha e to try the GE route, or wait for the latest to age off, which may be another 2-3 years, correct? 

Message 5 of 7
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@comebackkid15 wrote:

@dragontears wrote:

You can ask them to close it. Closing it will not improve your score, the late payments will remain as the tradeline will stay on your reports for approximately 10 years (the lates will be removed when they reach 7 years). Right now even though you can't use it, it is continuing to report positive payment history and is contributing to the ratio of accounts with balances vs without balances (i.e. if you are trying to do AZEO it counts as a 0 balance card).

It is really a personal choice on whether you want to keep an account you can't use.

Message 6 of 7
comebackkid15
Regular Contributor

@dragontears wrote:

@comebackkid15 wrote:

@dragontears wrote:

You can ask them to close it. Closing it will not improve your score, the late payments will remain as the tradeline will stay on your reports for approximately 10 years (the lates will be removed when they reach 7 years). Right now even though you can't use it, it is continuing to report positive payment history and is contributing to the ratio of accounts with balances vs without balances (i.e. if you are trying to do AZEO it counts as a 0 balance card).

It is really a personal choice on whether you want to keep an account you can't use.

Well, all things being considered, I'll probably be better served just letting the account stay as is and wait out the lates [2 more years] to age out.

Heck, if a GW campa6could at least stop reporting the worse of the layers, I may be in a better position, but never be THAT lucky...lol

TY to all I  thread for responses! 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.