cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removed an Equifax Fraud alert, Now Experian and trans Union show fraud alerts.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Removed an Equifax Fraud alert, Now Experian and trans Union show fraud alerts.

Is this normal? Could Equifax have done this even though I removed fraud alert(when I called, I know should use certified mail)? I thought that was only when you place a Fraud alert they tell the other beaurea s...
I've removed my trans Union now waiting for Experian to be open 8 am to remove that one.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removed an Equifax Fraud alert, Now Experian and trans Union show fraud alerts.

Not surprised.  Equifax messes up everything and it always rolls down to the other 2 it seems. 
Make sure to keep those confirmaton numbers saved should it pop back up again.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Removed an Equifax Fraud alert, Now Experian and trans Union show fraud alerts.

Ty. Yes I have confirmation numbers. Do you think by them removing it they just send to other bureaus just like if I were to add a fraud alert?
Yes Equifax messes up everything literally. They are the worst at confirming identity... They sometimes (when I call and verify identity) ask me questions that have nothing to do with me... Then next time they are right on. It's very confusing
Message 3 of 11
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

I just went through this myself. I removed from TU SO EASY, then sent letters to EQ and EXP, EQ removed rather quickly then EXP updates my fraud alert to new date and bam back on EQ and TU, uggg. So went back to TU easy peasy, then called EQ they removed called EXP They blamed it on the other 2, ummm NO but about 5 days later came off EXP.

I feel your pain
EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 4 of 11
calyx
Super Contributor

I would call everyone.

EQ put an extended fraud alert on my file.
They contacted the other two who followed suit.
I sent them all letters to remove it.
TU and EX did.   EQ did.  Then one of them (not sure which), popped it back on (I think it was EX) and the other two followed suit.
So I just called them all in one afternoon.   EX 'lowered' it to the standard one year 'initial' fraud alert, the other two are clear, and I'm just leaving well enough alone now.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes the entire system seems ridiculous. I myself just removed TransUnion very easily contacted Equifax and asked them what happened. Was put on hold for a few minutes and was told my fraud alert was successfully removed yesterday. I said I obviously know this and I provided you with this information 5 minutes ago. And decided to save my breath and wait for Experian to open up call them around 9 a.m.

Another question. Does capital One use Equifax for their pre-approval tool? The only reason I ask is for the past 6 months I've only had my Equifax credit report with a fraud alert. This leads me to believe I did not receive any because Equifax had a fraud alert. If the case is they use Equifax for pre-approvals.
I am also quite sure I would be pre-approved for their cards.
Message 6 of 11
CashBackQueen
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Is this normal? Could Equifax have done this even though I removed fraud alert(when I called, I know should use certified mail)? I thought that was only when you place a Fraud alert they tell the other beaurea s...
I've removed my trans Union now waiting for Experian to be open 8 am to remove that one.

The EXACT thing happened to me. So annoying to deal with these bureaus.

BK7 DC 1/2/18 • Progress as of 5/10/22:

TCL: $89,350 • If it ain't got rewards, I don't want it Smiley Wink
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

So far I have removed them except for Experian. I had to upload PDF documents of my license and a bill. Crazy how easy it is with TransUnion and difficult with Experian. Never mind the fact that Equifax most definitely added fraud alerts to my other two credit bureau reports when I took my Equifax fraud alert off. which makes me think they doing it on purpose to maybe have more applications come their way. Most likely it's just straight incompetence. Equifax is a nightmare to deal with.Equifax also has to inquiries on my credit report coded as hard pulls when both Banks confirmed they are soft pulls yesterday. Another dispute ugh
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just went through this myself. The CRA have agreements in place to notify each other of fraud alerts. 

You have to time the removals just right. If you try to remove one before it propagates through there entire system it will pop back up like a new alert and then get resent to the others. It’s maddening.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's like they are trying to waste our time. So maybe we forget a payment and get a 30 day late jk kinda. But I am sure we gave the correct documentation, called them 4 hours later as told by rep. When I called the new rep started a lecture about it's a longer process I cut her short and said just following what one of ur reps told me, and I'll check again tomorrow. Anyway to petition to get rid of Equifax 😁
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.